The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit GCSE 16th Jan 2013- Character and voice

Hey guys I saw loads of threads for other sections of the anthology from last year but none about this... Share any ideas? Which poems came up last time and what do you think will come up for this exam? :smile:

Personally really hoping for Horse Whisperer and Casehistory Alison
Reply 1
Hi I am also sitting this exam. Personally I am hoping for Horse Whisperer or Les Grands Seigneurs and Casehistory. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Rebecca.S
Hi I am also sitting this exam. Personally I am hoping for Horse Whisperer or Les Grands Seigneurs and Casehistory. :smile:

How are you revising? I feel like I should be doing practise essays but I can't bring myself to do them :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Monstre
How are you revising? I feel like I should be doing practise essays but I can't bring myself to do them :/

Try planning a few answers in detail and see what quotes and poetic techniques you would write about to answer the question.
I doing the exam as well. I, personally, am hoping for a question that asks me to compare how strong characters are presented in 'My Last Duchess' and one other poem ('River God').
Reply 5
Try planning a few answers in detail and see what quotes and poetic techniques you would write about to answer the question.

I'll do that :smile:)

@LazyBazooka I am pretty sure there was a question exactly like that on the june 2011 paper if I remember correctly. How likely are they to repeat questions?
Reply 6
I really hope it's not Singh song! Hate that poem with a passion! Haha, I'm finding it really hard to revise :/ I have no idea what to do, I might just try and make it all up in the exam... Haha that's how my bro got an A*.... Apparently
Reply 7
Original post by dazzer19
I really hope it's not Singh song! Hate that poem with a passion! Haha, I'm finding it really hard to revise :/ I have no idea what to do, I might just try and make it all up in the exam... Haha that's how my bro got an A*.... Apparently

I wouldn't be able to write anything about Singh Song :frown: Yeah i kind of think it makes you analyse and justify things more if you know less about the poems but I'm too scared to risk it haha
Reply 8
Good luck for tomorrow :smile: hopefully it is not Singh Song really want Horse Whisperer there is a lot I can write about that one.
My teacher said, Casehistory, Les Grand Seigneurs and Medusa will not be on our exam, also potentially Ozymandias as it was on last years Spec, sorry it's late! Good luck,
Good luck for tomorrow :smile: hopefully it is not Singh Song really want Horse Whisperer there is a lot I can write about that one.

Well, aren't you a modern day Nostradamus ;D
Reply 11
Ahhhh, I had to pick the Singh song one! I compared to river god... What did you guys do?!
Reply 12
I did Horse Whisperer and the River God. What did you think of the unseen poem? I thought it was easy to understand but there was not enough to write about.
I did Horse Whisperer and the River God. What did you think of the unseen poem? I thought it was easy to understand but there was not enough to write about.

I did Horse Whisperer and Medusa, really should have My Last Duchess instead, then I'd have more things to write about. Still wrote a decent amount though (5 pages) and as for the unseen poem, I agree, it was easy but hardly anything to write about (I wrote about a page on it).
Reply 14
Yeah, wrote around a page and a half on A Marriage. Haha, at least it is over now :biggrin: really hope I get an A this time round lol
Reply 15
what were the questions for the anthology
Hi, just wondering if you could tell me which poems were the named ones in January? I can't find the paper online and I'd quite like to know what came up so that when I take my exam (next Thursday) I can know which ones are unlikely to come up. Thank you! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by EllyEllyMoose24
Hi, just wondering if you could tell me which poems were the named ones in January? I can't find the paper online and I'd quite like to know what came up so that when I take my exam (next Thursday) I can know which ones are unlikely to come up. Thank you! :smile:

The poems were Horse Whisperer and Singh Song (the worst ones) Good luck on your exam! :smile:
anyone know which ones came up in june?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending