The Student Room Group

Gap year and A-levels

My mate got AAB in his A-levels in August 2012.

In his AS year he dropped biology after getting a grade B and continued with the rest of his A-levels.
He now wants to continue with biology a-level which he dropped by completing the A2 exams. the question is: will he be considered as a retake student if he does his A2 exams in his gap year because it will have taken him 3 years to complete the subject or not because he hasnt yet done the A2 exams and therefore hasn't resat the exams.

thanks for reading
Reply 1
Original post by dent2k13
My mate got AAB in his A-levels in August 2012.

In his AS year he dropped biology after getting a grade B and continued with the rest of his A-levels.
He now wants to continue with biology a-level which he dropped by completing the A2 exams. the question is: will he be considered as a retake student if he does his A2 exams in his gap year because it will have taken him 3 years to complete the subject or not because he hasnt yet done the A2 exams and therefore hasn't resat the exams.

thanks for reading

I would think he would be classed as a retake student purely because he didn't get at least AAA in the first sitting. Best bet would be to get your friend to ask the medical schools directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending