The Student Room Group

You know who you are...

Scroll to see replies

Perhaps consider it a blessing in disguise OP-I got the phone break-up (just before work no less), then a week later she temporarily changed her mind, came to visit, then broke up once more in person. You're just 17/18 at the moment; you'll have plenty more special people come into your life and when they do, you can look back on now as a character defining moment. Heck, I didn't get a girlfriend till I was 20 so you're way ahead of me!
Reply 41
Original post by MAINE.
Dont blame her, you sound like a phaggot.

You need to... BE A MAN.

Girls nag and whine for attention, but it's just gay when guys do it. It seems like you've oriented your whole life around this b*tch, and you've given her all the power. Now wonder she dumped you, you're pathetic. I mean altering your uni choices just so you could be nearer to her - that's so sweet...it makes me want to vomit. Any man who subjugates himself to a woman, isnt even a man. You cant be putting b*tches up on a pedestal brah, gotta treat them like the s*** they are.

did you really just say 'brah'? You're 38 years old. You tell me to man up but you're nearly a middle aged man using the word 'phaggot'. Hardly PC, now, who needs the reality check?
****. :frown:
I never understand how some people can just end it so abruptly after long term relationships. You'll eventually get over her and meet someone who deserves you better, but I really do feel for you.
Reply 43
Original post by MrBean1994
did you really just say 'brah'? You're 38 years old. You tell me to man up but you're nearly a middle aged man using the word 'phaggot'. Hardly PC, now, who needs the reality check?

nah brah, I'm 13. Do you want to be my friend?...I'm looking for a strong mature male role model haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by EffieFlowers
I never understand how some people can just end it so abruptly after long term relationships. You'll eventually get over her and meet someone who deserves you better, but I really do feel for you.

Thanks Effie, means a lot.
Reply 45
Thanks Effie, means a lot.

You notice how all the girls are like:

"omg that's so sad, she obviously doesnt deserve someone as amazing as you"

and all the guys are like:

"grow some balls you pussy"

Dont take relationship advice from women brah, they dont know s***.
Reply 46
Original post by MAINE.
You notice how all the girls are like:

and all the guys are like:

Dont take relationship advice from women brah, they dont know s***.

Okay, well, I like relationships with women. Therefore I take more interest in women's opinions because they are going to be more accurate when talking about how women work than men would be. Do you see?
Reply 47
Although this is better than bottling it up, no doubt, maybe it would be more productive to actually say this to the girl in question? Or message if you're feeling hypocritical.
Reply 48
Okay, well, I like relationships with women. Therefore I take more interest in women's opinions because they are going to be more accurate when talking about how women work than men would be. Do you see?

lol, the fact that you believe that just proves how delusional you really are. DO NOT take relationship advice from women. Women will tell you what they think they want, but that's all bulls***. Women dont have a clue about they want, but I can tell you for sure what they definitely dont want - f*ggy sensitive queers like who you will subjugate themselves to women.

No woman can tell you how to be a man, remember that brah.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
My first ex dumped me by text too, but that was one ****ed up on-off relationship. First her Dad cheated on her Mum, then she cheated on me... twice, first time with some 28 year old guy (she was 15 o.o), second time she was on holiday in Tunisia, then all the self-harm and mental health problems arrived...
Sometimes I feel glad I'm no longer putting myself through that crap. Sometimes I don't.

Moral of the story, OP: First love hurts the most, and it'll probably take you a couple years to truly get over it, but you'll move on eventually, plus hopefully next time you'll learn to be slightly less submissive. Gl, bro.

Original post by MAINE.
lol, the fact that you believe that just proves how delusional you really are. DO NOT take relationship advice from women. Women will tell you what they think they want, but that's all bulls***. Women dont have a clue about they want, but I can tell you for sure what they definitely dont want - f*ggy sensitive queers like who you will subjugate themselves to women.

No woman can tell you how to be a man, remember that brah.

N'aw, sweetykins never been in love, eh? Poor fellah. You keep letting those easy gals fill that void, champ, you'll find somebody one day!
(edited 11 years ago)
I can't express how ****ing frustrated I am with you right now. I gave you everything in this relationship and you throw it back in my face by ending it with a phone call after 2 years and 2 months together?! Seriously? A ****ing phone call? I god damn deserve better than that. It's kind of pathetic that you couldn't face the music and at least do it face to face. Yes I was jealous of other boys whilst you were at uni, yes I nagged you to talk to me more while you were at uni but that was only because I loved you to bits and was struggling to readjust to new life without you here. I loved you no matter what! I'd send you gifts, take you on holiday, hold you while you slept, snuggled you when you were upset or cold, comforted you when you needed it and spoke to you as if every day was our last. What a **** boyfriend I turned out to be. Oh wait, that's bull****. I treated you like royalty and deserve way more than for you to ignore me after our break up and for you to tell me you'll never be with me again. I'll always resent you for giving up on us after we made promises and plans to be together, I even arranged my university choices around you so I could be near you. But you had to throw it back in my face. You've made me so incredibly miserable and I hope you're happy with what you've done. I hope you're proud that you've sucked every drop of life out of me while you're away at uni. Seriously though, to dump me over the phone is one thing, but to do it the day after your exams finish and while mine are still going on is ridiculous. You know I don't have another chance at these exams. That's one of the most selfish things I've witnessed and **** me, do I deserve better than that. I stay awake all night thinking about what could have been. And what would be reality now, had you not given up after I drove you away. I'll never forgive myself for losing you but at least I had the balls to stick to you because I know that we're happier together. I despise myself for still loving and needing you. But I can't help that. First loves suck. Sorry for posting this guys, it makes me feel a bit better.

Yes you do. I don't know the whole story so I can't really judge her but I do think she should have considered the fact that you still have exams and are already going through so much stress. From this post alone I can see that you love her so much and I don't understand why someone would want to hurt someone who has so much love from them like you do for her. I'm sure she has her reasons. You could try talking to her but she may not be in the mood to talk and it could just make things worse. I know its hard but if I were you I'd just concentrate on my exams as much as I can and try to put this out of my head and then as soon as your exams are over I'd try to address it. She's already broken your heart you don't want her to break your future too.

(Once your exams are over speak to her to her, at least this would have allowed you both to have space and clear thoughts. When you can just to try and understand why she wants to breakup with you, why she did it over the phone and just to hear her side of the story). If things do end up working out then that would be really lovely if they don't then you're lucky that this happened after two months and not two years and also I'm sure you will find someone who loves you just as much as you loved this girl if not more. Chin up:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by EffieFlowers

Sadly, it seems ever so common that, when love fades, caring disappears. The previous love of your life become a nuisance and their neediness a source of annoyance. As a significant ex said to me 'I don't feel the same anymore' Wonder why this is. I've had a little bit of insight in to how it feels on the one occasion when I was the dumper, but still my instinct is to remain friends with anyone who has been important..
Reply 52
Original post by CasualSoul
Yes you do. I don't know the whole story so I can't really judge her but I do think she should have considered the fact that you still have exams and are already going through so much stress. From this post alone I can see that you love her so much and I don't understand why someone would want to hurt someone who has so much love from them like you do for her. I'm sure she has her reasons. You could try talking to her but she may not be in the mood to talk and it could just make things worse. I know its hard but if I were you I'd just concentrate on my exams as much as I can and try to put this out of my head and then as soon as your exams are over I'd try to address it. She's already broken your heart you don't want her to break your future too.

(Once your exams are over speak to her to her, at least this would have allowed you both to have space and clear thoughts. When you can just to try and understand why she wants to breakup with you, why she did it over the phone and just to hear her side of the story). If things do end up working out then that would be really lovely if they don't then you're lucky that this happened after two months and not two years and also I'm sure you will find someone who loves you just as much as you loved this girl if not more. Chin up:smile:

Thanks for the tips :smile: unfortunately it was after 2 years and 2 months so it's kind of heartbreaking. I tried to reason with her but she won't have anyone of it. Ah well, time to think about myself for a change and eventually get back on the horse :smile:
How's it going so far? I know it hasn't been long but has she tried to contact you in any way since she broke up with you? (Quite horrendously, might I add).
Reply 54
Very selfish to ring up after her exams were done. Good luck for the exams OP, you got us behind you man! :wink:
Reply 55
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
How's it going so far? I know it hasn't been long but has she tried to contact you in any way since she broke up with you? (Quite horrendously, might I add).

Hey, umm not well! I've tried to contact her but she text me saying if I try again she'll change her number. It's strange, this time last month she messaged me this 'Baby I love you so much and I really hope we're okay. I can't deal with life without you. I just feel so lonely when I'm here so it must feel like I'll be the only person on earth if I wasn't with you. I can't imagine not being with you. I've got benguin here with me and we're both so sad because he doesn't want to lose his daddy and I don't want to lose my hubby. I'm sorry for not being here for you and I'm sorry we argue a lot. Its not my intention to be angry and upset with you all the time but I'm very tired and stressed out. I know its not an excuse but I'm sure its a contributing factor to all of our cuffufles :frown: I'm sorry again. I hope you have a lovely sleep and in the morning you'll realise that you need me as much as I need you. Sweet dreams gorgeous man.!!!!!! <3 we'll speak in the morning gorgeous. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. How can she change that much? Women confuse me.

Thanks for taking an interest :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Uniiverse
Very selfish to ring up after her exams were done. Good luck for the exams OP, you got us behind you man! :wink:

Cheers buddy, means a lot.
Hey, umm not well! I've tried to contact her but she text me saying if I try again she'll change her number. It's strange, this time last month she messaged me this 'Baby I love you so much and I really hope we're okay. I can't deal with life without you. I just feel so lonely when I'm here so it must feel like I'll be the only person on earth if I wasn't with you. I can't imagine not being with you. I've got benguin here with me and we're both so sad because he doesn't want to lose his daddy and I don't want to lose my hubby. I'm sorry for not being here for you and I'm sorry we argue a lot. Its not my intention to be angry and upset with you all the time but I'm very tired and stressed out. I know its not an excuse but I'm sure its a contributing factor to all of our cuffufles :frown: I'm sorry again. I hope you have a lovely sleep and in the morning you'll realise that you need me as much as I need you. Sweet dreams gorgeous man.!!!!!! <3 we'll speak in the morning gorgeous. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'. How can she change that much? Women confuse me.

Thanks for taking an interest :smile:

OK. Trying not to jump to conclusions, but from her texts, it seems as if she cheated on you during university and thought it best to blame it on stress and break it off with you before you figured it out. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the tips :smile: unfortunately it was after 2 years and 2 months so it's kind of heartbreaking. I tried to reason with her but she won't have anyone of it. Ah well, time to think about myself for a change and eventually get back on the horse :smile:

oh right, yeah that is quite sad but yeah you're right you should think about yourself and just focus on you and your exams for now, everything else can wait:smile:.
Cheers buddy, means a lot.

Have there been any interesting developments in the past 5 days to this story? I hope you're feeling better about things. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending