The Student Room Group

Did I do the wrong degree?!

My whole time through school and university, I've wanted to be a secondary PE teacher.

So... I went to Liverpool Hope Uni an studied Sports Studies with Childhood & Youth Studies.

During the 3 years I was at uni, people continually commented 'Thick people do PE', but at the time it didnt bother me, as it what I needed to do to get where I want.

Now since graduating, I've continually struggled to get myself on a PGCE course. I've also struggled to think of anything else I can use my degree for, and I'm starting to prove the people who commented right.

Is there anything else I could do with my degree, or is it just 'worthless' as it feels!

Thanks
Reply 1
Have you got experience of working in a school? If not, this would be the problem rather than your degree
Reply 2
Yes. I've got over 3 years. I've been told its due to the fact university's like to recruit there own students first!
Reply 3
Original post by Stecash
Yes. I've got over 3 years. I've been told its due to the fact university's like to recruit there own students first!

That's false. PGCE's are VERY competitive, especially for PE. It is not uncommon to be rejected several times before success. Keep gaining more and more experience, work on your personal statement and interview technique and you should get there in the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending