The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChemicalBond
Art, especially when your teacher didn't give any instructions. The work was time-consuming and tedious. I got a D in GCSE. :mad: Oh, and the teacher had a go at me because the whole of my English class had to take time off timetable to do some coursework (previous year's teacher screwed it up and we were running out of time). Her argument? "This subject is just as important as English, maths and science." She then grudgingly let me go when my friends from another Art class (but in the same English class) came to my rescue.

In my school,out of timetable events occur frequently that interrupt other lessons-Is this unusual in your school?I actually missed quite a lot of lessons for GCSE English coursework but for the recent pieces,for an unknown reason,I wasn't took off timetable.I could list several other times this happens.
Original post by Dalek1099
In my school,out of timetable events occur frequently that interrupt other lessons-Is this unusual in your school?I actually missed quite a lot of lessons for GCSE English coursework but for the recent pieces,for an unknown reason,I wasn't took off timetable.I could list several other times this happens.

It doesn't happen very frequently at my new school, but it was really common at my old one. Funny enough, all of the other teachers were more than happy to let us go, but it was only this teacher that ever had a problem with us if one of us presented her with a note from another teacher saying that we had to go, even during the times when the headteacher wanted to interview us all on an individual basis. :rolleyes:
i fink law gcse its similiar to as law and a2 soooo.. yh law
Reply 423
English Literature/Language.
Reply 424
Original post by matty123
English Literature/Language.

hated it too.
Reply 425
French, mostly due to the fact of having to memorize 600 words to get a decent grade for four coursework pieces.
Reply 426
how is english lit/lang the hardest(in the poll), it's one of the easiest exams! I already have an A in english lang without much revision, and a B in the first paper for lit.
Reply 427
Art I worked my butt off all christmas for my mock exam work and got a D for it. I at least want to leave GCSE Art with a c :angry:
wow, i cannot believe the magority of people picked english! i love english but i agree it is so stupidy taught in school, we have to draw freaking story boards...
the hardest is defintley history because i am an idiot who dosent bother to revise for the exam... well it was a mock but i forgot who kaiser wilhelm was :colondollar:
I don't know why but I find it funny that art is difficult... but I guess everyone has difficulties in something.

Mine would be........English lit. (Just doesn't suit me).

In my case, I find it boring rather than difficult hence the mentality that builds a wall immediately not willing to learn or little effort.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 430
I found English really easy at GCSE, if somewhat boring. But it's the kind of subject that you either have to work really hard for or just be good at writing essays. i found it quite boring but we had a great teacher who worked miracles with us - I don't think anyone got less than a B, even the people who got Cs or less in all their other subjects!

I've got to say from that list I'd say Art was the 'hardest'. The work was easy but it was the sheer volume and time consuming work they expected that made it hard. I got away with doing it all at the last moment but it is a bit stressful when all your other teachers are wondering why you've not done their homework because you've been preparing for your 10 hour exam...

Not on the list was Greek. I did classical greek at GCSE (laugh away!) and I think that was the hardest GCSE because there was a ton of set text to learn, with all the translation, and then loads of vocab... we had a good teacher but i think i got a bit lucky with that one!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 431
English Lit/Lang should be seperate.

English language- fairly easy
Literature- Hardest GCSE in my opinion.
Reply 432
Original post by xXx-Kiki-xXx
I think maths is reali hard

I think for me personally, english is harder. For maths I don't even need to use my brain that much. LOL
Languages, or History for me :/ Art wasnt hard, it was just a waste of time.
Original post by Coke1
English Lit/Lang should be seperate.

English language- fairly easy
Literature- Hardest GCSE in my opinion.

100% for English Literature..... :wink:
Maths! I'm on a D at the moment, but retaking modules...
However, with English, History? I'm fine. Getting a mixture of A*'s A's and B's in most written subjects, never been able to do numbers aha
History is so hard, I’m full of regret.

Quick Reply

Latest