The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
MadPotta
english is tough because there's no real set of things which you can learn. It's not like in a science or maths exam where you can go out feeling that you've covered all the points for a questiona nd should get full marks. Sometimes if i do a piece at school I'll get an A*, but sometimes I'll get an A or B and I'm not really sure what I've done differently

Your predicted grades are amazing.
Reply 41
Thanx, I'm really pleased with them but I keep panicking that i'm going to completely muck up and not achieve them. I'm not sure whether some treachers might have over predicted me just because I behave most of the time and work hard in class unlike some of the others in my year. I only just scraped an A in my Biology mock but theyve predicted me A*, I dont think I'm gong to manage it.
Economics is really tough. I wish I'd took business instead! English is pretty tough as well, so hard to get an A* with WJEC!
Deffo English
drama is the hardest! it's almost impossible to get an A* even if you can act!
Reply 45
SubjectAfter 1 week, The results are as follow. Every subject has atleast one vote except for:
Humanities
RE
Engineering
Reply 46
Neo~
Business yes. Thast what I voted for. No doubt its the most annoying & hardest subject at GCSE/IGCSE level.

not at all, you can pass GCSE with common sense and a decent writing style

ClevaClogz
Physics.
Hate the bloody subject.

well said :p:
Reply 47
R.J.A
ClevaClogz

Physics.
Hate the bloody subject.

well said :p:

Who is planning on doing AS Physics next year?
ClevaClogz
Physics.

Hate the bloody subject.

Couldn't put in any better.
Reply 49
ashmufc
Biology AQA! Fricking 135 minutes exam!!!!

I agree.

I have looked in detail at many GCSE courses and believe that the AQA higher-tier separate sciences are without a doubt the hardest GCSE subjects.
Reply 50
lol u people! newayz...ENGLISH by far the hardest to get grades on. I managed ARt somehow! atleast its OVER!
English is so 'qualitative'...thers no set criterias...tho they all claim ther is. U just have to get a NICE examiner and well.... thats rare!
Reply 51
Krazy-Kid
Who is planning on doing AS Physics next year?

forgot to mention....I am. Call me crazy. i no it'll b tough but i just luv microcosmology and stuff.
Reply 52
Krystal
forgot to mention....I am. Call me crazy. i no it'll b tough but i just luv microcosmology and stuff.

:yy: I will probably do it too.

I am crazy :p:
Reply 53
HARDESTAfter 1 week, The results are as follow. According to the votes, the hardest subject is:
English Lit/Lang--> 22/86-->25.58%
Reply 54
English Literature Exam Comming In 2 Days: 23/05/06
Judging by the results that i got, i would have probally have to say that English Literature is the hardest examination. I probally hadnt refined my examination technique enough, and just trawled off point - although i found German quite hard too (That was because we were without a teacher for the last six months of our course. Each week we had a different teacher, teaching us a different language, Spanish, French anything but German ... -_- )
Reply 56
michaelbenson
Judging by the results that i got, i would have probally have to say that English Literature is the hardest examination. I probally hadnt refined my examination technique enough, and just trawled off point - although i found German quite hard too (That was because we were without a teacher for the last six months of our course. Each week we had a different teacher, teaching us a different language, Spanish, French anything but German ... -_- )

Spanish exam tommorow and English Literature the day after :frown:
Reply 57
One of the hardest exam paper has ended today :biggrin:
I think maths is reali hard
Reply 59
History by far!! We do medicine and Germany 1919-45
Theres too many things to remember, and all the writing in the exams hurts my arm!!
Chemistry is hard but i think thats cause i have a crappy teacher. I will fail science, i got 29% in my chemistry mock :|
I dont think maths is hard, everyone else seems to though, am i a bit of a freak?

Quick Reply

Latest