The Student Room Group

What do girls find attractive in guys?

Scroll to see replies

17 from Ireland, love athletics and physics .. still single :frown:
Part of me wants to believe some of these posts, however experience is leading me to assume otherwise - all the girls I know go for the "bad/drug addicted/over-inflated-ego/sleep-with-any-female-that-has-a-pulse boys"

it seems to go from "I'm waiting for mr right" to "I'll get with the guy who's slept with most of my friends and my friends friends as being single sux"

Le Sigh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Cute butt
Original post by manderton
Part of me wants to believe some of these posts, however experience is leading me to assume otherwise - all the girls I know go for the "bad/drug addicted/over-inflated-ego/sleep-with-any-female-that-has-a-pulse boys"

it seems to go from "I'm waiting for mr right" to "I'll get with the guy who's slept with most of my friends and my friends friends as being single sux"

Le Sigh.

See part of me agrees with you. I know that there's a guy on my facebook. We used to be friends, but since secondary school, he wasn't really much of a nice person, a bit of a gangsta wannabe etc... started taking the mick out of me

Any way, this guy manages to get girls quite easily, people say on fb how "sweet" he is etc.. when really he's... not, he has around 100 likes on his fb photo!

And they can be incredibly manipulative of girls ie: copying and pasting "treat her right" etc... (not stuff from their own head) and their fb friends seem to go gaga at that, when in reality, when they're not with those girls, they're not like that at all...

And on the opposite spectrum, you have really nice girls who go for the genuinely nice guys. Like the guys who care about the girl, and won't say behind their back "Oh I shagged x and y" etc...

I blame my lack of confidence! :angry:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by llessur123
Most females on TSR do not represent the general population, keep that in mind.

I like a masculine face, preferably above 5'10, and someone who takes care of their health/works out frequently is a must because I spend a lot of time in the gym. Also someone who has a decent personality, although I don't like to name certain traits because I've found many different personalities attractive, they aren't as obvious or concrete as physical traits.

Hmm... 5'10"... would you settle for 5'8"? :wink:

I think men generally keep growing after 18 so hopefully I can gain another inch or 2
Original post by Babieetee
Personally, I prefer the guy to be taller than me or the same height. I like wearing heels so if he's shorter than me in general, he'll get even shorter when i'm wearing them

That does actually make alot of sense, thanks!
Original post by Anythingoo1
Hmm... 5'10"... would you settle for 5'8"? :wink:

I think men generally keep growing after 18 so hopefully I can gain another inch or 2

5'8" is fine too haha :tongue: As long as they aren't smaller then me then I suppose it doesn't matter much!
Reply 87
I'm an absolute softie for a guy that can make me laugh, I genuinely think someone could laugh me in to bed. I guess I'm sort of attractive to some people and my friends used to make jokes that my ex wasn't the best looking guy, which on the outside was true. But that didn't really bother me, in fact in a weird way I found it comforting that I was better looking than him! And because he had such a good sense of humour, we'd often joke that he could never cheat on me because it'd be unlikely he'd get someone more attractive. That might sound weird to some people but even though he had his body hang ups, he could joke about it. I think it's important not to take yourself too seriously, girls want to spend time with someone thats fun! Who wants to sit in nandos listening to some muscly tanned guy brag about his gym routine (the most boring hour of my life.) I know it might seem like it but not every female is looking for an adonis.

Whilst I'm probably not as in to looks as other people, a no go for me is a guy that's shorter than I am, or even just slightly taller than me. I like to snuggle into someones chest without whacking my head on their chin and I think it's instinct for some woman to want to feel safe and protected by someone they're in a relationship/seeing, maybe I'm just old school in that sense.
Original post by llessur123
5'8" is fine too haha :tongue: As long as they aren't smaller then me then I suppose it doesn't matter much!

aha, awesome :P just out of interest, how tall are you?
Sense of humour. And also I'm a sucker for big shoulders. Hmm. :confused:
Reply 90
Physical traits:
Nice eyes, well-defined facial features, taller than me, not too pale, well-toned body - preferably can carry me and make it look almost effortless, clean skin/nails, a killer smile, has a nice smell.

Personality and other traits:
Confidence (not arrogance), intelligence, ambition, a good sense of humour, charisma/charm, knows how to act appropriately in different environments, brilliant bedroom skills.

These are my personal preferences, and of course, you don't need to have ALL of these traits; 3-4 out of each section would be more than enough to gain significant female attention. :wink:
aha, awesome :P just out of interest, how tall are you?

5'5". I'm quite happy with my height though, not too small, not too tall :biggrin:
Why do people say 'good sense of humour'? First of all humour is subjective. And secondly, it goes without saying that you'd be more attracted to someone who finds the same sort of things funny.
ah cool, thanks :smile:

And in terms of height? Do women have to date guys taller than themselves?

Most of the time yes. Having said that I would be fine with a guy of the same height as me, or maybe shorter, but I'm quite short so this is very unlikely.
Reply 94
Girls love tall dark and handsome :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
their student room repuation
Reply 96
Someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously (big ego = no go) and funny!...or failing that someone you can just have an easy conversation with ...AIN"T NOBAWDY GOT TIME for awkwardness :P
Tall (preferably over 6'), wide shoulders, not 'built' per se. A light eye colour. Nice smell. Not 'too' good-looking (I get intimidated when someone exceptionally good-looking deigns to talk to me, for some reason), handsome rather than hot.

Musical ability. Sarcasm. Intelligence. Ability to poke fun at oneself. Impeccable grammar. Honesty (that one's crucial).

Oh yeah, and someone who doesn't mind when I don't text back...
Reply 98
Original post by Sweet-Caroline
Tall (preferably over 6'), wide shoulders, not 'built' per se. A light eye colour. Nice smell. Not 'too' good-looking (I get intimidated when someone exceptionally good-looking deigns to talk to me, for some reason), handsome rather than hot.

Musical ability. Sarcasm. Intelligence. Ability to poke fun at oneself. Impeccable grammar. Honesty (that one's crucial).

Hi I think I tick all your boxes lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweet-Caroline

What about football ability?

Quick Reply

Latest