The Student Room Group

This situation is consuming me! Guy at work, age gap, etc.

I feel horrible. In the space of a week, I had kissed a guy (my older supervisor, who I really liked) and I felt so many emotions about it.

At first, I didn't want anything serious. But I wouldn't have even got to talk to him about it until next week (this Saturday) which is when I go to work.

I felt really horrible about the nature of the kiss, the fact that it was in secret and at the workplace (obvious No No), but it didn't mask the excitement at time. We kissed a couple of times at work and agreed to keep it between us.

Here's the thing. I can't stop thinking about him. I can't stop thinking about the kiss. I can't stop thinking about all the good times we could have. I'm 18, and he is 9 years older than me, but we have a spark.

I was never one of those girls who let a guy become the centre of my world. I used to fail to understand why girls did this. But I can't help it. I'm supposed to be revising, but I find myself thinking of reasons why I should cut him out of my life. However, thinking about the better times we had, just puts me right back to square one.

I feel: pathetic, powerless, helpless, anxious (waiting to see how he acts on Saturday)

I have told myself, that I would find a way to talk to him at work on Saturday in private. I would ask what we were and where I stand. If he acts disinterested, I have told myself that I would just leave him alone. I'm 18. I have my whole life ahead of me. I'm not stupid and I know I'll get over him eventually. But.. I can't eat properly or sleep without thinking about him.

I must add that I haven't spent a day with him outside of work, apart from him walking me home once. He said he wanted to meet up with me, but he said it during us kissing, and it felt like the cheap kind of 'meeting up'. I just want it to be simple and sweet, but that is false optimism.

Seriously, not a day, not a bloody hour has gone by that I haven't thought about him since Saturday. So embarrassing.
Pretty bold of you to come on here and admit this.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel horrible. In the space of a week, I had kissed a guy (my older supervisor, who I really liked) and I felt so many emotions about it.

At first, I didn't want anything serious. But I wouldn't have even got to talk to him about it until next week (this Saturday) which is when I go to work.

I felt really horrible about the nature of the kiss, the fact that it was in secret and at the workplace (obvious No No), but it didn't mask the excitement at time. We kissed a couple of times at work and agreed to keep it between us.

Here's the thing. I can't stop thinking about him. I can't stop thinking about the kiss. I can't stop thinking about all the good times we could have. I'm 18, and he is 9 years older than me, but we have a spark.

I was never one of those girls who let a guy become the centre of my world. I used to fail to understand why girls did this. But I can't help it. I'm supposed to be revising, but I find myself thinking of reasons why I should cut him out of my life. However, thinking about the better times we had, just puts me right back to square one.

I feel: pathetic, powerless, helpless, anxious (waiting to see how he acts on Saturday)

I have told myself, that I would find a way to talk to him at work on Saturday in private. I would ask what we were and where I stand. If he acts disinterested, I have told myself that I would just leave him alone. I'm 18. I have my whole life ahead of me. I'm not stupid and I know I'll get over him eventually. But.. I can't eat properly or sleep without thinking about him.

I must add that I haven't spent a day with him outside of work, apart from him walking me home once. He said he wanted to meet up with me, but he said it during us kissing, and it felt like the cheap kind of 'meeting up'. I just want it to be simple and sweet, but that is false optimism.

Seriously, not a day, not a bloody hour has gone by that I haven't thought about him since Saturday. So embarrassing.

9 years isn't that bad of age age gap, it isn't like he is 40, surely as I said if you really like him, go for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Habibul Bashar
Pretty bold of you to come on here and admit this.

i see wat u did there
Age difference does not matter, don't think about that. Just talk to him and if he doesn't seem interested, you shouldn't be either. If that's the case it will pass in time anyways. Also it's not the end of the world, it happens to everyone, chill out!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
9 years isn't that bad of age age gap, it isn't like he is 40, surely as I said if you really like him, go for it.

What's wrong with being 40?
Original post by Clip
What's wrong with being 40?

Nothing what I meant was not like she is 18 and he is 40, heck not even saying an 18 year old and a 40 year old hooking up is wrong, just not known many of those cases working out.
Reply 7
Nothing what I meant was not like she is 18 and he is 40, heck not even saying an 18 year old and a 40 year old hooking up is wrong, just not known many of those cases working out.

Sadly.
Reply 8

The thing is, now it isn't even about the age gap. That's the least of the problem. He's just so dismissive by text. He won't play games and wait ages to text me. He'll text back straight away, but hasn't initiated it once. But at work he always made the effort to come and talk to me. Feeling desperate isn't even the word.

Original post by naberbenbegum
Age difference does not matter, don't think about that. Just talk to him and if he doesn't seem interested, you shouldn't be either. If that's the case it will pass in time anyways. Also it's not the end of the world, it happens to everyone, chill out!:smile:

Haha, good to know this happens to other people too. Yeah, he recently had to move to a different place in the store, so we won't be working together anymore. This kind of is a 'good bad' situation, cause I don't have a clue how I'm gonna approach him and talk about what happened, he's a supervisor so is pretty busy. hmm
go for it, it doesn't matter that he is 9 years older, the spark is there so go for it before its too late. Yes you are young, but he knows that, if it becomes something serious, which it might, let it to do that on your own terms!! Have fun :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by ellenabethx
go for it, it doesn't matter that he is 9 years older, the spark is there so go for it before its too late. Yes you are young, but he knows that, if it becomes something serious, which it might, let it to do that on your own terms!! Have fun :wink:

Thank you for the advice. I've been one of those people who overthinks EVERYTHING, so maybe I should take a back seat and let things play out. I'll see him tomorrow, and that's when I'll know if he had genuine feelings behind the kiss. Haha, I'll try and have fun if things go well tomorrow :P
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is, now it isn't even about the age gap. That's the least of the problem. He's just so dismissive by text. He won't play games and wait ages to text me. He'll text back straight away, but hasn't initiated it once. But at work he always made the effort to come and talk to me. Feeling desperate isn't even the word.

Why would you play games if you like someone what is the point, if a girl did that to me I lose interest then they wonder why I lost interest and went with someone else.
Reply 12
Why is he trying to keep it secret?...that is the question.
Reply 13
Why would you play games if you like someone what is the point, if a girl did that to me I lose interest then they wonder why I lost interest and went with someone else.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant 'He won't play games' when he texts me (in the sense he'll text back straight away) and that's what I liked about him. But through his texts, he isn't acting like he's texting a girl he recently kissed, which is what's bugging me.
Reply 14
Original post by MancBoy
Why is he trying to keep it secret?...that is the question.

Simply put, we'd get fired if anyone found out! Obviously people go out from our workplace and stuff, but we both said we'd keep it between us. I keep myself to myself so there is no way I'd want people to know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending