The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErHi?
What makes it worse is people around me getting offers (although don't get me wrong, I'm still happy for them) and I haven't had one reply yet, whether it be a rejection or offer, and if LSE is the first uni to give me a rejection then just…..

Really? Sorry to hear that. But have faith... I'm sure you'll get some good news come Christmas. I've had two offers from Leeds and Nottingham trent. But , I won't be happy until I hear back from LSE. And an offer from LSE would mean more than 4 offers from other uni's put together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1181
What's this '5 week' thing about? Can anyone tell me because I'm applying to LSE this year aswell :/
Reply 1182
Original post by gracelich
Really? Sorry to hear that. But have faith... I'm sure you'll get some good news come Christmas. I've had two offers from Leeds and Nottingham trent. But , I won't be happy until I hear back from LSE. And an offer from LSE would mean more than 4 offers from other uni's put together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, I've applied to Edinburgh which are notorious for they're very very late replies, could be March/April and the same with Warwick, they reply quite late… Should get a reply from Cambridge in the next few weeks but I know I won't even get called to interview :P and I'm really not sure about UCL…

Hopefully I get some good news by Christmas, I've felt quite demotivated recently paha

And a big congratulations on those offers :smile:

Haha I know what you mean! LSE is AAB for Econ History so if I get that I actually won't worry anymore because it's going to be my firm , even though it's my lowest offer, (being optimistic here :wink: )
Reply 1183
Original post by AnharM
What's this '5 week' thing about? Can anyone tell me because I'm applying to LSE this year aswell :/

You'll get an acknowledgement email, followed by an email that says you should get an update within the next two weeks (some people can get rejected here, and outstanding applicants can get offers at the end of the two weeks). Then, if you've met the standard entry requirements and your PS is good you'll be told you'll get another email in 5 weeks! We're not too sure whether it's a straight offer/rejection or you are made to wait longer, will probably vary on department :smile:
Reply 1184
Original post by ErHi?
You'll get an acknowledgement email, followed by an email that says you should get an update within the next two weeks (some people can get rejected here, and outstanding applicants can get offers at the end of the two weeks). Then, if you've met the standard entry requirements and your PS is good you'll be told you'll get another email in 5 weeks! We're not too sure whether it's a straight offer/rejection or you are made to wait longer, will probably vary on department :smile:

I stand no chance at LSE :frown: Ahhhh you lucky people :frown:
Reply 1185
Original post by greenbeast
Yeah it was solely down to my personal statment :/
got A*- A level math , A - AS level Physics, A- AS level economics.. a and predicted 4A*s ( Math(already achieved), Further math, Physics and Economics)

applied to UCL Warwick and St Andrews and Cambridge, but i really dont even have the slightest shot at Cambridge. Pretty skeptical about UCL and warwick now as well :frown:

Wait, how can you not "even have the slightest shot at Cambridge" when you're a.) predicted 4 A*s? b.) Already achieved one A*?
Surely your AS Level UMS scores are really high (90+) in order to get A* predictions?

It's a shame about LSE though :/ you'll probably get into all the other ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone else who applied for maths WITH economics quite a while ago and who still hasn't had their 5 week email?
Original post by bluebell_flames
Is there anyone else who applied for maths WITH economics quite a while ago and who still hasn't had their 5 week email?

I got the 5 week email two weeks ago! LSE is my first choice, and so much more important for me now since i messed up on the MAT. dw you'll get one soon. depends when you applied
Original post by daniyalfaiz
I got the 5 week email two weeks ago! LSE is my first choice, and so much more important for me now since i messed up on the MAT. dw you'll get one soon. depends when you applied

When did you apply? I sent my application on the 1st and received my 2 week email on the 7th :frown: And aww - I really do sympathize about the MAT - that was perhaps the worst exam in my life :frown: Best of luck with LSE :smile:
Reply 1189
Has ANYONE gotten ANYTHING for International Relations?! WHY are they taking so long for IR?! People have 5 week emails for Law, Econ, Philo! Surely these are more popular than IR! (although yes it is quite popular)

I got an offer from Nottingham and I was so busy stressing about LSE to enjoy it :frown: lol
Original post by Shehr
Has ANYONE gotten ANYTHING for International Relations?! WHY are they taking so long for IR?! People have 5 week emails for Law, Econ, Philo! Surely these are more popular than IR! (although yes it is quite popular)

I got an offer from Nottingham and I was so busy stressing about LSE to enjoy it :frown: lol

Yes, I got my 5 week email 4 weeks ago, but I'm international if that matters. I will update and post what happens (if anything does) at the 5 week mark.
Original post by bluebell_flames
When did you apply? I sent my application on the 1st and received my 2 week email on the 7th :frown: And aww - I really do sympathize about the MAT - that was perhaps the worst exam in my life :frown: Best of luck with LSE :smile:

I gave up on the mat after question 2 :frown: i applied on the 10th of October though! You'll get one soon! LSE tend to make applicants wait quite long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1192
Just got the 5 weeks email!
Waited for so long D: but finally, now 5 more weeks to go.. :/
Just got an email saying:

"I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to LSE.

I am happy to tell you that your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in Accounting and Finance programme.

The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.

This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next"

Will this be the last stage in the process??

EDIT: before it was a UG admissions assessor sending me the update emails
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1194
5 weeks email for A&F woo
just received 5weeks email for Econ!
Is there anyone who has gone past the 5weeks period?
Are there any difference between admission assessor and admission selector xd
Original post by Loretta_8
Are there any difference between admission assessor and admission selector xd

Presumably one assesses and one selects.
Reply 1199
I'm applying to do Economics L101, and I am predicted A*A*A (for Maths, History, Economics)

I have already, definitely achieved my A* in Maths, so that is done.

I am doing AS Further Maths this year and predicted an A for that, so its A*A*Aa

How likely am I to be accepted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending