The Student Room Group

Being a quiet person and applying for a Primary PGCE...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I have decided that for my upcoming placement in June (6-8weeks) I think I want to keep a log or diary, just so I can reflect back on it when my placement finishes and it may help my PGCE application. Was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can ask myself at the end of everyday? so far this is what I have:
- what did you do today?
- what was the highlight of the day?
- what was the worst part of the day?
- what have you learnt today?
- can you make any improvements?
- Do you still want to be a teacher?

lol, this sounds sad but I just want to get the best out of my placement and I want be reflective on myself and whether teacher is right for me. Any suggestions would be great thank you:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by lalala1
Hi I have decided that for my upcoming placement in June (6-8weeks) I think I want to keep a log or diary, just so I can reflect back on it when my placement finishes and it may help my PGCE application. Was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can ask myself at the end of everyday? so far this is what I have:
- what did you do today?
- what was the highlight of the day?
- what was the worst part of the day?
- what have you learnt today?
- can you make any improvements?
- Do you still want to be a teacher?

lol, this sounds sad but I just want to get the best out of my placement and I want be reflective on myself and whether teacher is right for me. Any suggestions would be great thank you:smile:

It needs to be lesson focused.
What was the worst lesson you saw? Why? How could it have been improved? What would I have done?
What was the best lesson you saw? Why? Could it have been improved in any way?
What behaviour management techniques did you see?
How was the class kept in control/focused on the task?
How does the teacher speak/interact with the students? (a big one for you if you're shy)

etc.
Reply 22
Original post by Shelly_x
It needs to be lesson focused.
What was the worst lesson you saw? Why? How could it have been improved? What would I have done?
What was the best lesson you saw? Why? Could it have been improved in any way?
What behaviour management techniques did you see?
How was the class kept in control/focused on the task?
How does the teacher speak/interact with the students? (a big one for you if you're shy)

etc.

Thank you for the ideas, I have only kept my first question overview of the day and changed it to all your questions. It's a great idea it being lesson focused, as opposed to reflective on myself and what i enjoyed or didn't enjoy. Then I can draw on things about the lessons and behaviour management for when I'm on my PGCE (if I get on one of course). Thank you again
Reply 23
Original post by lalala1
Thank you for the ideas, I have only kept my first question overview of the day and changed it to all your questions. It's a great idea it being lesson focused, as opposed to reflective on myself and what i enjoyed or didn't enjoy. Then I can draw on things about the lessons and behaviour management for when I'm on my PGCE (if I get on one of course). Thank you again

You will also be asked about all this in interviews and will need to reflect on it in your personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending