The Student Room Group

KCL English PGCE Interview Tips

Hello,
I have my PGCE English interview coming this week and it’s my first interview in person! Any tips from anyone who’s completed the interview?
Original post by nafisaxox
Hello,
I have my PGCE English interview coming this week and it’s my first interview in person! Any tips from anyone who’s completed the interview?

Hi @nafisaxox

Congratulations on your interview!

I did not apply for an English PGCE, however, I applied for a Primary PGCE. So I have some experience that may be handy when it comes to interviews.

Firstly, they will definitely ask you about what you have written in your personal statement so make sure you have a good read of that before your interview. Have a good idea of what your future looks like. What are your career goals? What do you want to achieve? How will this degree help you achieve your career aspirations? Why English? They will want to see that you are passionate about English so definitely think of some good examples of this beforehand.

Expect to be asked why you chose them over other teacher training providers.

Finally, why should they choose you? How are you going to cope with the workload? Can you demonstrate a time when you were able to successfully balance your workload?

Hopefully, this is a good starting place!

Good luck

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by nafisaxox
Hello,

How did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending