The Student Room Group

Operating Department Practice 2013 intake at Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford

Hello :smile: I have received an unconditional offer to study Operating Department Practice at Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford and I wondering if there was anyone else in the same position or have accepted their offer? I would really like to start talking to people to see what they think of the course and whether they are going to live in halls or rented private accomodation? I will be 21 when I start the course so will be classed as a 'mature student'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Hello, my congratulations!
I have received an unconditional offer too. I will be studying in Cambridge (Fulbourn). :smile:
I'm a mature student too (I'm 33 years old).
I've already booked a student accommodation at Addenbrookes.
I hope to hear from you soon. :smile:

Take care,
Lena
Reply 2
Hi there,
I have a conditional offer for the ODP course at Chelmsford campus for September but i will living at home and driving to campus and my placement. I am a very mature student at 37!! so I doubt my husband would be too impressed if I decided to stay in halls!! Do you have your placement hospital yet?

Donna:smile:
Reply 3
Hi Donna, I decided to live in halls in the end as I wanted the meet other people from different courses and have the whole 'university experience'- I got my first choice of what type of halls I wanted to live in so I am happy about that! What made you choose you wanted to go to uni as a mature student? I have not heard what hospital I will be doing my placement at yet but I think there is a compulsory pre course welcome day that you have to attend in July where you get to meet your course mates and maybe then we shall hear about the logistics of it all? Rose :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi there,
I decided to do an access course after I had my 3 rd child as my job was restructured whilst I was on maternity leave so it gave me the push I needed to train for something else, something I had wanted to do for a while but it was never the right time. Unfortunately I can't make the per course day as I will be on holiday. I'm a bit gutted because I wanted to meet everyone on the course but it can't be helped. I was told my hospital on my letter back in April, maybe because it wasn't my first choice they told me in advance?
See you in September then!!!

Donna
Reply 5
hi i have my interview on wednesday for ODP have you got any advise i need help.x
Original post by roseamylouise
Hello :smile: I have received an unconditional offer to study Operating Department Practice at Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford and I wondering if there was anyone else in the same position or have accepted their offer? I would really like to start talking to people to see what they think of the course and whether they are going to live in halls or rented private accomodation? I will be 21 when I start the course so will be classed as a 'mature student'.
Reply 6
odp interview at anglia ruskin any help
Reply 7
Hi Garbz- good luck for your interview! The advice I can give you is make sure you completely understand the role of an ODP it sounds obvious but I got asked about the 3 stages of care (anaesthetic,scrub/surgical and recovery) also maybe think of examples where you have had to deal with a stressful situation. I hope this helps and see you in September if you get offered a place! x
Reply 8

Hi Rosey im starting aswell at anglia ruskin university to study ODP i think we going in the 2nd of September right ?. I am 19 so i am guessing i may be the youngest one in the group.
Reply 9
Hi Garbz- good luck for your interview! The advice I can give you is make sure you completely understand the role of an ODP it sounds obvious but I got asked about the 3 stages of care (anaesthetic,scrub/surgical and recovery) also maybe think of examples where you have had to deal with a stressful situation. I hope this helps and see you in September if you get offered a place! x

Hi! I have my interview on 11 march..can you pls tell me what to expect on the interview ? Im very nervous and lady who I spoke to on the phone told me to allow the whole day for the interview..so I'm assuming there's gonna be tests and group work ? Pls pls pls enlighten me..
Reply 10
Original post by mxhum11
Hi! I have my interview on 11 march..can you pls tell me what to expect on the interview ? Im very nervous and lady who I spoke to on the phone told me to allow the whole day for the interview..so I'm assuming there's gonna be tests and group work ? Pls pls pls enlighten me..

You will have to do an English and Maths test which will be 20 mins each. You will also have a group interview where there will be about 6 of you, you will be given a scenario and you have to discuss it. Then lastly you will have your individual interview. I am a student ambassador for the course and I have helped at an interview day last month. They honestly aren't scary as they sound :smile: Good luck and hopefully see you in September as one of our new first years!
Reply 11
You will have to do an English and Maths test which will be 20 mins each. You will also have a group interview where there will be about 6 of you, you will be given a scenario and you have to discuss it. Then lastly you will have your individual interview. I am a student ambassador for the course and I have helped at an interview day last month. They honestly aren't scary as they sound :smile: Good luck and hopefully see you in September as one of our new first years!

Thank you for that ! I'm very nervouse about the math test.. Also, in the english test, is it gonna be based on an article alone ? Or will it be like spellings, grammars and reading comprehension ? Pls pls pls.. I really want to be in this course..
Reply 12
I haven't seen the content of the tests so I can't answer your question, sorry! They have changed the format of the interviews since I had mine.
Reply 13
Alright,.thank you so much ! I'm very nervous,.2 days to go
Reply 14
Hi,

Any advice now that you've had your interview???
I have mine next week and the nerves have really hit me now!! Any help would be appreciated. What were the tests like??? Argh.

Thanks,
Sarah
Hey, I've just got my conditional offer for Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge, just wondering if anyone has applied for accommodation there? I'm 18 so I think I may be the youngest aha. Thanks! Jasmine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending