The Student Room Group

What areas should a girl shave?

Poll

Which areas of a woman do you think need shaved/plucked/waxed/etc?

So I've just posted the thread "Men: Would you date a girl who didn't shave?" and the majority of responses were "I wouldn't mind some areas unshaven but wouldn't date someone completely unshaven" so this is a poll to find out which areas seem to be the ones of concern for men. Assume that this is an average female so when I list things like "forearms" and "upper lip" I'm not implying you're gonna be judging what a bear or a bearded lady should do.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it's important my girl friend shaves the palm of her hands.

In all seriousness i'd be very put off by in form of facial hair, armpits must be shaven, the snail trail that some women get shouldn't be too noticeable. Downstairs i prefer veeted but aslong as it's kept tidy and not out of control and also legs, prickly i can cope with if my gf has been a bit lazy for a few days but only if it's fair hair.

Basically a woman's hair should be on their head.
Eyebrows??? :lolwut:

A woman without eyebrows sounds freaky as hell.
When it comes to facial hair, from what I've seen/heard when a girl gets that peach fuzz stuff you should either bleach it if your skin tone agrees or zap it away. That stuff is not nice to see up close. To quote myself:

Original post by danielnkwocha
When it comes to body hair, I'd like to see smooth underarms and legs. As far as the pubic area I'm not overly fussed, but nobody loves getting hair stuck in their mouth :colondollar: Seriously though, if it's kept trim then I don't have a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth

I put that one in there more for the "plucked" option. I know some people prefer to draw theirs on.
Original post by Charlottelt
I put that one in there more for the "plucked" option. I know some people prefer to draw theirs on.

My aunt used to draw her's on, as a young boy I found it terrifying. :afraid:
Everywhere. I want her as smooth as a recently bought Pink Lady brand apple (◡‿◡✿)
Reply 7
My aunt used to draw her's on, as a young boy I found it terrifying. :afraid:

It's not for me I must admit. I understand people with naturally very light eyebrows using brow pencils but i'd never rip them off entirely and do my best to put them back on. I have visions of them melting in the rain. :l
Reply 8

I think the OP means stray hairs etc. But shaving eyebrows will only mean they grow back uneven and stubbly.
Original post by Charlottelt

I thought you meant like emerging monobrow/inbetween hairs :zomg:

But then again I've heard of people actually tattooing their eyebrows back on.
Reply 10
I don't think a woman *needs* to shave anywhere, it only affects her if she's single. But in a relationship, both parties need to be accommodating, and I don't think many men would be happy with someone who doesn't shave...
Reply 11
I went to school with a girl who shaved off her eyebrows and drew them back on. It looked weird.
If a guy expected me to wax/shave my forearms I'd probably laugh in his face.
Bummo.
Reply 14
can you change bikini to 2 options, bikini line and trimmed or all off hollywood?
Well every female is different - like men.
We all come in varying hairiness-levels.

I think there should be a point when a girl who is quite hairy should ask herself
"why do I spend 15mins every day shaving/waxing/bleaching it all"
15 mins * 365.242 = 5478.63 mins

Slight disadvantage to naturally bald

Don't think anywhere needs to be bare.

I pluck my eyebrows though. Mono-brows don't suit me, they make me look constantly sad. Plus it is kind of a habit.

I would appreciate it if a girl like shaved pictures in her leg hair. That would be cool. Or like dye her leg hair.... Plait it!!!
Wow this could be so fun!! hahaha
Reply 16
Where ever she want's, area's I would prefer to be shaved are underarm, and facial (not like a few non-visible hairs on the upper lip or what not, but if she actually had some pretty serious facial hair, it would not be appealing.
Reply 17
Don't think a girl should shave anywhere but where she wants to shave. However, I prefer completely smooth legs, armpits and pubic hair. I'd actually prefer all three of these waxed as opposed to shaved, but pubic hair is the least important of these for me, sport a bush if you want, waxed is just a preference. When it comes to armpits and legs though, a substantial amount of hair is a no go for me. Complete turn off. I'd also like a girl to keep any hair on her face in check tbh..
Coochie, upper lip, arm pits, legs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm shaving my head and growing my body hair free and wild*. Most of the guys on this thread won't like it. But who cares? It's my body, and I'll do what I like with it. If people don't like it, that's their problem not mine.

*a little part of me is doing it to give a huge two fingers up at the people who think they can dictate what women should or shouldn't do with their bodies. just because I can.

Now, let's bring on the negs. I know they're coming. Because god forbid a woman be proud of something that occurs naturally on her body, right? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest