The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swarfliam
Yeah i had one two weeks ago, they said three weeks too but that would be Christmas day though i am still hoping to hear before!

Oh! They close tomorrow so hopefully you'll hear during the day then! Hope it's good news when they finally get in touch :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tory88
I have three offers, all initially through e-mail and only one has even displayed on track yet. So check your emails, not track.

Can I ask you why you decided to do all of your interviews? I am thinking of not bothering to do my IoE interview in Jan and just accepting Greenwich (Secondary Biology), but technically IoE is a 'better' place to do it. Greenwich is however more convenient location wise. Maybe I'm being lazy...

Basically have you made you decision? How did you make it?

Thanks!
Original post by Ilovescience01
Can I ask you why you decided to do all of your interviews? I am thinking of not bothering to do my IoE interview in Jan and just accepting Greenwich (Secondary Biology), but technically IoE is a 'better' place to do it. Greenwich is however more convenient location wise. Maybe I'm being lazy...

Thanks!

Why is IoE the better place?
Original post by Juichiro
Why is IoE the better place?

Well it has a better OFSTED rating in the last inspection, but I know these things are pretty unimportant once you have your PGCE, which is why better is in apostrophes. I am not a snob! I really liked Greenwich and think they also have a good reputation as well so tick all of the boxes. I just feel bad for not going to all of my interviews - it is so unlike the process at undergrad which is the only thing I have to compare it to.
Reply 3984
just got an interview invite of a PGCE in art and design in UWE , so excited /nervous :biggrin:

has anybody got an advise for the portfolio ?
Original post by Sara Jayne
I haven't even had a confirmation email yet.. Was hoping to at least hear whether or not i had got an interview before Christmas! Hope you hear back about your decision soon!

found out i got a conditional offer today! so relieved and happy to know ive improved since last year! i really hope you get your interview-keep me posted!
Reply 3986
Original post by xxstace123xx
Yay heard back from my other two choices today!

I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation.

The choices I have just mentioned are a SCITT and a School Direct. Now the school direct is accredited by the SCITT and is also one of the schools consortium schools.

My interview is one for both of the courses held in the main SCITT school.

My question is, for school direct, are you meant to focus your answers to their school because I did research the school before I applied and decided why I thought I would be suited to teaching there.

The SCITT is my first choice though!

It seems so strange haha.

You've already had a good reply. In addition to that I'd say, from your research you will have an idea of what kind of teacher they are looking for, so make sure you show those qualities. School direct aren't just looking for a good candidate for a PGCE, but also someone who fits in to their school. This doesn't mean referencing it willy nilly but it does mean showing your personality so they can see if you are that person. Sometimes school direct places recommend you for PGCEs at uni if they think you don't match their school but are a good candidate.

xxx
Original post by swarfliam
Has anyone heard yet from Reading in terms of an offer?

Hi there,

I still haven't heard back from Reading and my application went off 4th December. I'm guessing it won't be until after Christmas now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3988
Original post by Ilovescience01

Thanks!

I wanted to have a clear picture of all three universities in order to make my decision. Like you, Greenwich is much more convenient location-wise than IoE (5 minute walk vs 1 hour commute). However, at the interview for IoE I got such a great feeling from the place and all of the members of staff. Greenwich was nice, and there was nothing wrong with it, but I felt that I would enjoy myself much more on the course at IoE than at my other two choices (Greenwich and Kings).

In the end, I have decided (almost definitely, just want to talk it through with a friend before I commit) to go with IoE, despite the commute. It's important to remember that you're not at the uni that much of the time, really, at least not like for undergrad, so journeying should be less of a worry. And they allocate placements based primarily on postcode, so there's a good chance i'll end up in a local-ish placement (not many people would live in SE London). In the end, I went with who I felt I would get the best, most enjoyable education from. And that is the IoE.

I'd say definitely go to the interview. IoE weren't my first choice until I saw them at interview and felt like I'd be really happy on the course. That's the method I used for my undergrad (resulting in me turning down a slightly better university) and it worked out well for me then.
Original post by tory88
I wanted to have a clear picture of all three universities in order to make my decision. Like you, Greenwich is much more convenient location-wise than IoE (5 minute walk vs 1 hour commute). However, at the interview for IoE I got such a great feeling from the place and all of the members of staff. Greenwich was nice, and there was nothing wrong with it, but I felt that I would enjoy myself much more on the course at IoE than at my other two choices (Greenwich and Kings).

In the end, I have decided (almost definitely, just want to talk it through with a friend before I commit) to go with IoE, despite the commute. It's important to remember that you're not at the uni that much of the time, really, at least not like for undergrad, so journeying should be less of a worry. And they allocate placements based primarily on postcode, so there's a good chance i'll end up in a local-ish placement (not many people would live in SE London). In the end, I went with who I felt I would get the best, most enjoyable education from. And that is the IoE.

I'd say definitely go to the interview. IoE weren't my first choice until I saw them at interview and felt like I'd be really happy on the course. That's the method I used for my undergrad (resulting in me turning down a slightly better university) and it worked out well for me then.

Thank you that is super helpful.
Reply 3990
Has anyone heard back from York St. John? I've received an email to say I've been placed in a 'hold' category but the email doesn't really make it clear what this is :frown:
Original post by clionaod
just got an interview invite of a PGCE in art and design in UWE , so excited /nervous :biggrin:

has anybody got an advise for the portfolio ?

What date is your interview at UWE? I have one for the 8th Jan but secondary English! So nervous!!
Reply 3992
its the 15th . ya i am so nervous , got my exams starting around that date too , so much to do eek
Original post by Frances_Parry
found out i got a conditional offer today! so relieved and happy to know ive improved since last year! i really hope you get your interview-keep me posted!

Ahh that's brilliant, well done!! I bet it is such a relief finding out, just in time for Christmas too!! :smile:
So excited! Have been offered an interview at Sunderland University as well as Durham :biggrin:

The only problem is.... it is when I am on holiday!

I was in work all day til late so my mum rang the uni and they said if I call them tomorrow they will rearrange it for me. Phew!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3995
Original post by AbstractAlex
Interview at Leicester tomorrow for Upper Primary. I have no idea what to expect, so nervous about it!

Hi
Small world - I think I met you yesterday! Hope your interview went well?
Anyone else been offered a place at York St. John for primary??? Got an offer today !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3997
Does anyone know how long it takes for track to be updated? I've got offers but not all are showing on ucas track and i just want to accept my first choice ASAP?
Original post by alabelle
Level 4 is first year, level 5 is second year, and level 6 is the final year. Hope that helps :smile:

Ah that does help, thank you! :smile:
Reply 3999
Original post by Ar1234
Does anyone know how long it takes for track to be updated? I've got offers but not all are showing on ucas track and i just want to accept my first choice ASAP?

I'm in a similar position, and I'm afraid there's no set answer. Often the university has internal procedures between sending you the offer email and registering it on track, so just because you have an email does not mean UCAS know about it. Once UCAS have it, track is supposed to be updated several times a day, although I have my doubts.

Latest

Trending

Trending