The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

First Year Student applying for Liberty Dock Accommodation, Anybody Else?

Hey All, I'm Hollie.
So I've applied for accommodation at Liberty Dock for when I start in September and I was just wondering if anybody else out there had done the same?

I'm studying Broadcast Journalism (fingers crossed I get the grades!) so thought i'd start this off and see if anybody else has either applied for my course or applied for the same accommodation.

Hope I get some replies! :smile:
I'm not a student at Leeds but I live in the city centre. A girl who is over from Germany for work experience is in Liberty Dock and when I went to show her around I got a look at the place. I must say, it looked lovely! Sorry for the irrelevant post haha!

Oh and you might be interested in teh Bradford media museum. If that's at all related to your degree, not really sure what broadcast journalism involves. :P
(edited 10 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Beckyweck
I'm not a student at Leeds but I live in the city centre. A girl who is over from Germany for work experience is in Liberty Dock and when I went to show her around I got a look at the place. I must say, it looked lovely! Sorry for the irrelevant post haha!

aw haha, thanks for the reply (I was so worried nobody would even notice it yet alone reply!). I thought Liberty Dock looked lovely, I'll be taking my car down with me anyways so the distance wouldn't be a problem or I'll just get the bus into uni; I've never lived near my school or college so distance isn't anything i'm not used to haha.

Hope I get a room! :biggrin:
Original post by _holliestokes
aw haha, thanks for the reply (I was so worried nobody would even notice it yet alone reply!). I thought Liberty Dock looked lovely, I'll be taking my car down with me anyways so the distance wouldn't be a problem or I'll just get the bus into uni; I've never lived near my school or college so distance isn't anything i'm not used to haha.

Hope I get a room! :biggrin:

IMO the uni is within walking distance of there, but I don't have a car because I'm too cheap to rent a parking space. :biggrin: Consequently I walk everywhere. There's a bus stop just outside the accommodation that goes past the uni too. Have you already visited?

Where are you coming from? It's exciting moving out to live on your own. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Beckyweck
IMO the uni is within walking distance of there, but I don't have a car because I'm too cheap to rent a parking space. :biggrin: Consequently I walk everywhere. There's a bus stop just outside the accommodation that goes past the uni too. Have you already visited?

Where are you coming from? It's exciting moving out to live on your own. :biggrin:

ahh my car is my baby haha, I don't go anywhere without it! (also too lazy to walk..) - I live in Newcastle so its far enough away from home but close enough in case I need to come home :smile:
I don't know if i'm more excited or more nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest