The Student Room Group

Imperial Medicine Applicants-2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by g.k.galloway
It's really unfair, I was really hoping it was going to go well :frown:

Yep, Thursday :smile: having a bit of a party on Saturday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy birthday for Thursday , and get better soon!

Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't had this good luck email :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the link anyway :smile:

http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/teaching/undergraduate/mbbsbscmedicine/admissions/#applicant

and

[video="youtube;4xFaqBb1T-s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xFaqBb1T-s[/video]
Reply 183

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you see this link?
http://www1.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/teaching/undergraduate/mbbsbscmedicine/admissions/#applicant

Theres the vid :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Happy early birthday! :biggrin: I'm not 18 until May :tongue:

It really is :sad: I hope you do well, you deserve to. :yep:

Awesome, if I forget on Thursday, happy birthday :smile:

I got no email... :cry2: :tongue:

And good luck tomorrow! :biggrin:

Original post by Paradox.
Me neither... It's obviously because Imperial know that we don't need luck :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check your junk e-mail, mine ended up there.
Original post by SomePotential

Ah yes, thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by SomePotential

Ah yes thank you :smile:

That's so sweet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bleurgh i just did section 1 of the 2012 paper and i got 4.7, i think i might as well give up now. Getting 4.7 the day before the BMAT just about sums up how tomorrow is going to go :'(
Reply 188
Original post by Tee Logan x
Bleurgh i just did section 1 of the 2012 paper and i got 4.7, i think i might as well give up now. Getting 4.7 the day before the BMAT just about sums up how tomorrow is going to go :'(

Same :/ If its any consolation, that would've been fine for BMAT last year :smile: Try the S2 paper, its a lot easier! I somehow managed a 7.3 on that :biggrin:
Original post by KanKan
Same :/ If its any consolation, that would've been fine for BMAT last year :smile: Try the S2 paper, its a lot easier! I somehow managed a 7.3 on that :biggrin:

Ooooh well done you! i'm going to do section 1 now, i'll let you know how it goes (doubt it'll go well though) :/
Sorry to interrupt ,
Fist of all i'd like to wish you all good look I hopefully would like to be doing the BMAT this time next year as I hope to attend Imperial and study medicine I just wanted to know what exactly the BMAT is what the questions are about as well as that I wanted to know what the average gcse offer looks like?And the emphasis they put on GCSE's I meet the entry requirements of AAABB in Bio,Chem,Phy,Maths,Eng lang( I got A*A*A*AA) I also did igcse maths , english and further maths but I only got (BCB )the rest of my subjects are A's excluding music(B) but i'm a grade 6 drummer.
I'm in year 12 BTW and i'm doing Bio,Chem,Phys,Chem (predicted all A's at AS)(work XP in a lab in africa)(and a hospice) if that helps.
Thanks in advance
Good luck guys!!!!!! :smile:
Does anyone know how the Imperial cut-off is used? I am considering applying to Imperial in 2015 but just don't understand the way the cut-off is used. For example, last year the cutoffs were a score of 4.7/4.6/2.5C. Does that mean if you meet or exceed the cut off, are you guaranteed an interview?

Good luck to anyone taking the BMAT also (:
Reply 193
Original post by SteelCookie
Does anyone know how the Imperial cut-off is used? I am considering applying to Imperial in 2015 but just don't understand the way the cut-off is used. For example, last year the cutoffs were a score of 4.7/4.6/2.5C. Does that mean if you meet or exceed the cut off, are you guaranteed an interview?

Good luck to anyone taking the BMAT also (:

No, meeting the cut off doesn't guarantee an interview. Every applicant that passes the cut off is put into 3 bands; band 1 have the highest BMAT scores (around 5.7, 5.7, 3.5A) and are guaranteed an interview, band 2 (around 5.2, 5.2, 3B) take the remaining interview slots not taken up by band 1'ers. Band 3 are those who, just, meet the BMAT cut off, taking the remaining slots of the band 2'ers.
Reply 194
How did everyone find the BMAT yesterday?
Reply 195
Am I the only one suspecting Imperial might just laugh at my application whenever the BMAT scores are issued? :frown:
Reply 196
Original post by medsing
Am I the only one suspecting Imperial might just laugh at my application whenever the BMAT scores are issued? :frown:

they willl laugh at mine's more :frown:
Reply 197
Original post by iacovos

The admissions tutor will probably choke from laughing at mine :frown:
Reply 198
Well at least I'm not the only one then. I even managed to make my essay messy and I was sort of relying on S3... it's litterally full of scratches! And so repetitive >.<
Original post by iacovos

The BMAT examiners will probably die of laughter after reading my terrible essay, and I probably gave the computer that marks our paper a laughter virus when it scans my S1 and S2 and notices the few questions I probably got right, because it was all mostly guess work. I just really hope I get lucky and a miracle happens.

Happy 10th anniversary BMAT, thank you for screwing us over and destroying our dreams, and thank you Imperial for using such a sh** admissions test and this years paper is only gonna help you discriminate between those who got lucky on the test day, and those who got unlucky but revised their a** off for this stupid thing that was so different to previous years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending