The Student Room Group

Imperial Medicine Applicants-2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tarhuni
Yeah, I'm on a gap year and I had interviews with them in December. :smile:

All the best with your interviews!

Thanks! you too:smile:
Reply 581
Do you guys know what funny is? I have like the worst BMAT scores and I haven't been rejected yet :cool:
Reply 582
Original post by firaskhan
Do you guys know what funny is? I have like the worst BMAT scores and I haven't been rejected yet :cool:

This is how I feel right now xD
Reply 583
Original post by hen4r
This is how I feel right now xD

:biggrin:
I feel so sorry for those who have been rejected with excellent Stats! Like I deserve the rejection way more than them
Reply 584
Original post by hen4r
Me too, I only got 4.0 in S2... like why haven't I been rejected yet?? 0_o I'd rather just be put out of the misery now!

Exact same situation as you! Got the same in S2, ah I wish they did an average or something because my S1 makes up for it slightly :frown: Really want imperial but hey, there's nothing I can do anymore
Does anyone know around how many people have been rejected yet? Like have the majority of rejections been given out?
Original post by Cactus8
Exact same situation as you! Got the same in S2, ah I wish they did an average or something because my S1 makes up for it slightly :frown: Really want imperial but hey, there's nothing I can do anymore

It's just weird...do you think they are holding our applications as they like our PS etc or are they just going to reject us later in the cycle? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
I think I might ring tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by g.k.galloway
It's just weird...do you think they are holding our applications as they like our PS etc or are they just going to reject us later in the cycle? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would like to think the first option, but genuinely I think that we'll receive a rejection once they release the cut-offs. Because I emailed them and asked if the cut off had to be made in all three sections, and they said yes. There's still a tiiiny part of me that's hoping they will look at all parts of the application...
Reply 589
Original post by Cactus8

Yes! I can totally relate to you, my S1 and S3 were definitely better than my awful S2 :/ What would be incredible is if they lowered the cut-off that far! :P
Original post by Cactus8
I would like to think the first option, but genuinely I think that we'll receive a rejection once they release the cut-offs. Because I emailed them and asked if the cut off had to be made in all three sections, and they said yes. There's still a tiiiny part of me that's hoping they will look at all parts of the application...

We can hope! Haha! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
For 2013 entry, I think a portion of those that didn't meet the BMAT cut off for Imperial were batch rejected at approx. 3:00PM on January 10th 2013.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 592
Original post by shakeaway
For 2013 entry, I think a portion of those that didn't meet the BMAT cut off for Imperial were batch rejected at approx. 3:00PM on January 10th 2013.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? omg. Suddenly I'm not looking forward to the next few days...
Reply 593
Original post by hen4r
Really? omg. Suddenly I'm not looking forward to the next few days...

It might not end up being tomorrow this year. I hate to bring such negative information lol. But I know it will be soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
Is there like a thread with Imperial applicants with Interviews? Mine is on the 28th Jan and wondering what to do for prep.....
Reply 595
Original post by tarhuni
How many rounds of interview invitations are there?

two
How strict are imperial with the BMAT cut-off scores? If you exceed the cut-off in two sections,but have a sub-par score in a third section, are you considered holistically- could they still interview you?
Reply 597
Original post by rotmeister
How strict are imperial with the BMAT cut-off scores? If you exceed the cut-off in two sections,but have a sub-par score in a third section, are you considered holistically- could they still interview you?

People have said before that they're very strict, I don't see why that would change this year but you never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598
Original post by StephenNaulls
People have said before that they're very strict, I don't see why that would change this year but you never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So far my son hasn't got a rejection from Imperial yet.
BMAT 6.8, 9, 2A
Anyone got this stat got any interviews.
Reply 599
Original post by deep05
So far my son hasn't got a rejection from Imperial yet.
BMAT 6.8, 9, 2A
Anyone got this stat got any interviews.

None of us know. 2A would usually be below the cut-off and warrant a rejection, regardless of his 9 in S2.

We don't know the cut-off for this year, all we know is that people with consistently high BMAT scores have been called.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending