The Student Room Group

Changing coursework after it has already been sent off for moderation (online)

For our media coursework we had to do all of our work online and put it on a blog. My blog has been sent off to the exam board and now i'm wondering if I can change a few things to get my grade up?

I got the highest grade of my class (bang on an A) but I lost serious marks in my evaluation which brought it all down to an A. If I could tweek a few things which you can do on the blogging site and change the date (so it would have 10 may not 11 June) it could bring up my overall grade.

However, it would appear that my media teacher marked my coursework wrong by giving me too low of a grade (he has a reputation for down marking anyway). Would they be able to just change my grade or would it make no different as they go for an overall overview on the whole class.

What would happen if they fount out? I'm guessing it's classed as cheating (well, it is :colondollar:) but what would the consequences be? I don't think they would find out tbh as i'm only going to get my evaluation up from 12 marks to about 16 and gain a few more marks in my research.

Just as a side note: how often do grades go up in moderation? Last year my coursework lost 13 marks (aka a grade) so this year my new teacher has been super stingy with grading. He took some of the coursework (others, not mine) to his old school so the head of that department could check his marking and they put up some of the marks on the music videos etc.

I know this is cheating and I hate cheaters/cheating but I do have a few excuses as my teacher 'lightly marked' our coursework draft by scanning through it all and then giving us a mark. He gave me 17/20 on my research so I didn't bother doing any more and then in the final coursework grade he gave me 13/20. This means because of last years coursework muck up I need 96% in my exam. I felt it went really well and I owned it but 96% is a little steep! I think I would of got 85+ in the exam just gone.

Okay, thanks guys, all advice welcomed :rolleyes:
Reply 1
Original post by Annuhlees
For our media coursework we had to do all of our work online and put it on a blog. My blog has been sent off to the exam board and now i'm wondering if I can change a few things to get my grade up?

I got the highest grade of my class (bang on an A) but I lost serious marks in my evaluation which brought it all down to an A. If I could tweek a few things which you can do on the blogging site and change the date (so it would have 10 may not 11 June) it could bring up my overall grade.

However, it would appear that my media teacher marked my coursework wrong by giving me too low of a grade (he has a reputation for down marking anyway). Would they be able to just change my grade or would it make no different as they go for an overall overview on the whole class.

What would happen if they fount out? I'm guessing it's classed as cheating (well, it is :colondollar:) but what would the consequences be? I don't think they would find out tbh as i'm only going to get my evaluation up from 12 marks to about 16 and gain a few more marks in my research.

Just as a side note: how often do grades go up in moderation? Last year my coursework lost 13 marks (aka a grade) so this year my new teacher has been super stingy with grading. He took some of the coursework (others, not mine) to his old school so the head of that department could check his marking and they put up some of the marks on the music videos etc.

I know this is cheating and I hate cheaters/cheating but I do have a few excuses as my teacher 'lightly marked' our coursework draft by scanning through it all and then giving us a mark. He gave me 17/20 on my research so I didn't bother doing any more and then in the final coursework grade he gave me 13/20. This means because of last years coursework muck up I need 96% in my exam. I felt it went really well and I owned it but 96% is a little steep! I think I would of got 85+ in the exam just gone.

Okay, thanks guys, all advice welcomed :rolleyes:

usually once its gone off thats it. you would have had plenty of time to do it
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
usually once its gone off thats it. you would have had plenty of time to do it

Well it has gone but I could change the online blog.

I did have a while to do it but I had three months off due to illness and the evaluation was a stab in the dark :/
Reply 3
Any other ideas?
Reply 4
Don't do it. You'll be caught and punished for cheating. Just leave it as it is and let it go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending