The Student Room Group

Town planning or Police?

Hi,

I've just finished my second year at uni and have now decided to focus on what career i want.
I've always been interested in the police force, yet the only thing that puts me off is the unsociable working hours.
I've also been looking at town planning, which would require me to complete a masters. From what I've researched, town planning salaries are somewhat greater than in the police force, but I have heard that there are little planning opportunities at present.
I'm now torn between the two - Town planning pays more, but there are little opportunities atm. Also, I'm starting to get bored of writing essays and a further year of study is not something i'm looking forward too. Whereas with the police force, the only thing that puts me off is the unsociable working hours.
If anyone could help me make a decision then it would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
I worked with someone who was also a "special constable" in his spare time. The problem is that in London there are hardly any job openings for police officers... He's been volunteering for years now, just clocking in the hours in his spare time, earning nothing.

Not sure if that's helpful or not, just something to think about

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending