The Student Room Group

Are all women capable of achieving a small waist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bertstare
Squat?

Bum yeah but there's not much you can do about tits. You either have them or enhance them or leave them, short of that you can't make them grow or shrink to your own perfect size..
Reply 61
Original post by bertstare
Squat?

Unless you're squatting for 10 hours a day to recreate bodybuilder monster thighs, squatting will only tone the muscle and not actually make your butt bigger. Perkier perhaps, but not bigger. Otherwise, eat a box load of cookies everyday and hope that you gain weight in the right places.

As for getting a tiny waist - it might be possible for you, it might not. The only way to find out really is to try - focus on abdominal excersices, and do corset training.
Reply 62
I'm a size 14! I have an extremely tiny waist i don't really know why but thats just the way it is... i think its my shape i'm like part hourglass part pear.
I don't think you could really get a smaller waist if thats not the kind of body shape you have. The best i can suggest is start wearing a corset i know for a fact that that helps.
Reply 63
Original post by Secretnerd123
i didnt say i have a 10'' waist, i said im a size 10! goodness

Woops, multiple typos.
Reply 64
Original post by Another
Unless you're squatting for 10 hours a day to recreate bodybuilder monster thighs, squatting will only tone the muscle and not actually make your butt bigger. Perkier perhaps, but not bigger. Otherwise, eat a box load of cookies everyday and hope that you gain weight in the right places.

As for getting a tiny waist - it might be possible for you, it might not. The only way to find out really is to try - focus on abdominal excersices, and do corset training.

Wow, great advice! I can see you're knowledgeable about training
Reply 65
Original post by Another

-It would make your butt bigger
-Eating a box load of cooking everyday wouldn't determine weight gain or weight loss
-If anything abdominal training would create an illusion of a larger waist

I understand what you are saying though, just being picky for fun
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Another

https://www.facebook.com/yeahshesquats
Reply 67
Original post by Another

You've got it backwards. If you're doing something for 10 hours a day (or even 1 solid hour), then you're working at a level below that needed for muscle gain. A body builder may only perform a certain exercise for a couple of minutes in total (typically around 8 repetitions per set) during the entire work out.

Doing something at low exertion for a very long time, that's what leads to 'toning', i.e a slight improvement in muscle condition and some cardio effects.
Reply 68
Original post by CJKay
I do not understand women at all. :colonhash:

Whats confusing about that? Curvy and slim is generally considered the most attractive figure.
Reply 69
Original post by Kerch
You've got it backwards. If you're doing something for 10 hours a day (or even 1 solid hour), then you're working at a level below that needed for muscle gain. A body builder may only perform a certain exercise for a couple of minutes in total (typically around 8 repetitions per set) during the entire work out.

Doing something at low exertion for a very long time, that's what leads to 'toning', i.e a slight improvement in muscle condition and some cardio effects.

I think there needs to be a line drawn at which you have to just interpret the clear exaggeration he is using rather than bashing it as if he was no speaking figuratively.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by redferry
Whats confusing about that? Curvy and slim is generally considered the most attractive figure.

There is no "most attractive figure". Plenty of people say "curvy and slim" but the vast majority of straight guys find slightly bigger girls no less attractive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by redferry

Slim honey babes are not curvy so your comment is invalid

It is like saying slim honey babes are considers to have flat ass an chest
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Sylosis
I think there needs to be a line drawn at which you have to just interpret the clear exaggeration he is using rather than bashing it as if he was no speaking figuratively.

I took into account the exaggeration by saying even for 1 hour.

The post implied pretty strongly that more time working means more muscle gain.
Reply 73
Original post by Boxiylix
Slim honey babes are not curvy so your comment is invalid

WTF is a slim honey babe?
Curviness as you are referring to is fundamentally a result of bone structure, less so bodyfat.
Reply 74
Original post by Kerch
I took into account the exaggeration by saying even for 1 hour.

The post implied pretty strongly that more time working means more muscle gain.

If that was what was implied, it's not wrong.
Reply 75
Original post by Sylosis
If that was what was implied, it's not wrong.

Of course there is an optimum amount and you can do too little or too much, but it's definitely a common misconception that doing hundreds of reps of an exercise in one go will lead to efficient muscle gain, and that's what I thought was implied.
Reply 76
Original post by Kerch
Of course there is an optimum amount and you can do too little or too much, but it's definitely a common misconception that doing hundreds of reps of an exercise in one go will lead to efficient muscle gain, and that's what I thought was implied.

I was just giving you a taste of your own medicine that's all haha.
Reply 77
Original post by Sylosis
WTF is a slim honey babe?

Female.
Reply 78
Original post by Sylosis
-It would make your butt bigger
-Eating a box load of cooking everyday wouldn't determine weight gain or weight loss
-If anything abdominal training would create an illusion of a larger waist

I understand what you are saying though, just being picky for fun

Well, human biology was never my strong point anyway. As long as the analogy was understood, then my work here was done. I was only lurking to watch the arguments anyway...

I have no idea how some of those girls are getting huge asses without a hint of thigh muscle to go with it...
Anyway brb gonna go squat.
Reply 79
Original post by Another
Well, human biology was never my strong point anyway. As long as the analogy was understood, then my work here was done. I was only lurking to watch the arguments anyway...

Yes it would take a true ignoramus to take what you said literally. Ofc I also agree that there is a misconception (though I'm not sure how) that resistance training will cause females to grow grossly large but will make for a far more attractive and athletic look instead.

Quick Reply

Latest