The Student Room Group

would i have to re do coursework?

okay so im going to re take year thirteen. and i do history so in the second year there is coursework and exam. i have already sat the coursework and had it submitted so when i start this September year thirteen again would i have to re do the coursework ? and if i want to do the coursework again can i use my old one and just add to it?:confused::s-smilie::frown:
Original post by ministars
okay so im going to re take year thirteen. and i do history so in the second year there is coursework and exam. i have already sat the coursework and had it submitted so when i start this September year thirteen again would i have to re do the coursework ? and if i want to do the coursework again can i use my old one and just add to it?:confused::s-smilie::frown:

As far as I'm aware, no. There was a guy in my class who re-sat year 13 and did not have to re-do coursework. Although he did improve it to boost his grade. I'm not sure if this will be the case if your school/college will do coursework on a different topic next year. Perhaps then you'd have to re-do it. I'm not sure though.
Reply 2
Original post by arnoob
As far as I'm aware, no. There was a guy in my class who re-sat year 13 and did not have to re-do coursework. Although he did improve it to boost his grade. I'm not sure if this will be the case if your school/college will do coursework on a different topic next year. Perhaps then you'd have to re-do it. I'm not sure though.

thank you very much for you fast reply. oh awesome woo i can boost it up. well the exam questions hasn't changed for years at my school but never know they may change it
Reply 3

I think it may depend on the exam board. There were two guys in my (Edexcel) history class resitting Year 13. One chose not to resit, the other chose to resit because he wanted a better grade. However as with my OCR English Lit class those who resat had to change the question. In English it was easier to twist slightly, but in History they had to focus on new figures/events.
Reply 4
Original post by Alex360
I think it may depend on the exam board. There were two guys in my (Edexcel) history class resitting Year 13. One chose not to resit, the other chose to resit because he wanted a better grade. However as with my OCR English Lit class those who resat had to change the question. In English it was easier to twist slightly, but in History they had to focus on new figures/events.

ah okay thank you. i do ocr history :/
thank you also for the fast reply
Reply 5

The rules are the same for all domestic exam boards. The coursework is just one unit of the A level; you can choose to re-sit any or all of the units in an A level so you can choose to re-sit the coursework or not - it's entirely up to you (as long as there is someone to authenticate it). Whether or not you can just revamp last year's coursework or have to start afresh depends on the individual specifications so ask your teacher.
Reply 6
Original post by Data
The rules are the same for all domestic exam boards. The coursework is just one unit of the A level; you can choose to re-sit any or all of the units in an A level so you can choose to re-sit the coursework or not - it's entirely up to you (as long as there is someone to authenticate it). Whether or not you can just revamp last year's coursework or have to start afresh depends on the individual specifications so ask your teacher.

oh okay. thank you very much for your fast reply
Reply 7
Sorry to jump in but how does authentication for courswork work
And who normally does it?

Quick Reply

Latest