The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Can you stay in halls over christmas?

I have work experience in Leeds for a week in the christmas holidays. Would it be possible to stay over this time for work experience?
Thanks for your question. There's two possible things you're asking, so I've answered them both!

If you're starting with us in September, and are moving into University accommodation, then the answer is yest - the room is yours for the whole length of your contract and you can come and go as you wish during the vacations. Even if you’re in catered accommodation (where meals aren’t provided over the vacation) you can stay in your room on a self-catered basis if you need/want to. We don't make you move out of your accommodation over any holidays, nor do you switch rooms within halls.

Alternatively, if you're a student not living in our accommodation, but want to know if you can stay in our accommodation for a few weeks over the christmas holdiays, then we may be able to offer accommodation if it’s available (and we would usually have a few rooms spare over the holidays), but they're on a minimum 2 week booking. If you’re only here for a week, it’s probably cheaper booking a hotel there’s some quite good value ones near the university and in the city centre.

I hope that answers your question either way,

Amanda
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest