The Student Room Group

Sccd train

Hi,

Does anyone has an idea about this training institute. Www.sccdtrain.com, I am looking forward to start 'preparing to teach' with them, please let me know if anyone knows about this place and is it worth it?

many thanks,
Fykes
Reply 1
Hello.. have you joined SCCD?? I have joined for QTLS
Reply 2
Hi

Did you ever start training with sccd?

I was really tempted until I met with one of their really aggressive salesman. Then alarm bells started ringing.

Firstly, this "fully funded government scheme" needed me to pay a deposit of £800 and I would have to pay back the rest once I started work. (Hang on, so it's not fully funded then???)

Secondly, despite negotiating the meeting date weeks in advance I was surprised to learn that the training was to start the following day. Therefore I had to make a decision on the spot and surprise surprise there was only one place left. Talk about a hard pressure selling technique.

Thirdly, they only take CASH. Big alarm bell there.

Fourthly, in their ad (which has since been removed from the totaljobs website) they guaranteed a job afterwards. At the interview, however, they only promise training placements.

Fifthly, the whole office had an unprofessional air to it. People kept barging in the interview room without knocking. They started discussing other clients in my presence. One girl even came in just to get her lipstick.

Finally, a Google search revealed many unhappy customers who either never received their certificates or never found jobs.

I'm definitely looking elsewhere!

Original post by Fykes00
Hi,

Does anyone has an idea about this training institute. Www.sccdtrain.com, I am looking forward to start 'preparing to teach' with them, please let me know if anyone knows about this place and is it worth it?

many thanks,
Fykes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending