The Student Room Group

need advice: unsure about a guy after the first date

Hello TSR, this is actually my first post, I hope I don't write too confusingly! :colondollar:

So well, I met a guy in the library, and we started messaging on fb, it turns out we have a ton of stuff in common, we went to the same school, study the exact same subjects and both want to go to Cambridge postgraduate etc.... anyway, we agreed to meet up. The meeting was great, we talked for 5h, we were laughing a lot and he walked me home as well.
I texted him the next evening saying that I had a good day how his work day went etc and he replied quickly, and on the weekend he then texted telling me that he was relaxing at that place, and whether I was there too. I told him no because I had just come back tired from work.
The next week, he was never asking me directly for a second meeting, just making hints like I should cook for him once and so on. I got a bit fed up, so I asked him when he'd like to meet again, and he said for the next week he could only do Tuesday evening because he was really busy that week (so 2 weeks after the first meeting). One day later he said he couldn't make it anymore for that day, and that he was really sorry about the confusion. I have now been waiting 5 days for him to contact me again or reschedule, but nothing so far. I am confused because at first he seemed really eager, and after the first meeting he was sending nice messages, but now after 5 days I am starting to question the whole thing and whether I should just forget about him or whether he was just really busy?? He said at one point he would have it easier in August... Should I message him or is that just desperate? :frown: Or how long should I wait at all??
We are going to be in the same course at uni in autumn, so I am not sure whether it's going to be a bit awkward.

PS: I have just come out of a 4 year relationship, so yes, I haven't had dates for a long time! :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Ask him, you have nothing to lose. If he's not interested at least you get that out of the way before uni.

"20 years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didnt do, than the things you did do." - Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending