The Student Room Group

When it comes to future employment, what are your opinions?

Poll

What motivates your career choice?

So, I was just interested if you guys could answer me this?
When it comes to future employment, what do you want out of it?

Are you looking for any way of getting money? Are you looking at a long steady career? Do you think you'll have lots of small jobs? Do you think you'll start and retire in the same place? And do you want a certain job because you'll enjoy it? Because it has prestige? Or because you fancy having a job?

Those are a the sort of things you can talk about when talking about your future employment plans and the reasons for them.
Reply 1
I want to be able to enjoy my employment rather than focusing only on how much money it will bring to my table. However, at the moment my focus is to get a job for financial reasons and start going towards something I'd enjoy doing whilst earning some extra cash. I wouldn't say I'd stay in the same place for the rest of my life but also wouldn't leave after a short time.
Reply 2
It's mainly enjoyment. I want to create a pleasurable working life. One where I'm focusing on creating a service of value rather than working simply for the paycheck.

As long as it's engaging, meaningful and pleasurable - then I'm more than happy.. even if I'm on 14k~ for the rest of my life. :smile:
Reply 3
Motivation: The capability to provide financial stability/security to both my parents and my future family (wife/kids).
Reply 4
Enjoyment.

I worked in senior management for awhile, chasing the money. I moved to the States a couple of years ago and was told by a company that if I worked out here I would be coming back to the UK as European Manager. I gave it all up to start my own business and do something I love.

For me, the money was nice but it's not worth it.
Money does not make you happy. I would hate an office job even if it payed well. I. Want to be active and have a fun job as long as I get enough to live off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
70% money 30% enjoyment.
Enjoyment, but I would still want enough money to get by. I wouldn't work voluntarily in a job I loved - I would need enough to buy food, rent, etc.
Reply 8
Those that did not go to good universities will be my employees
wow thanks for the replies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending