The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE chances

I am wondering what my chances of getting accepted into LSE are.

I know that they are very good grades but the reason I am not sure about my chances is because of the subject combination. I always see how universities prefer traditional subjects and some don't like the overlap of business/economics. I also doubt my GCSEs in respect to other applicants.

GCSEs: 3A* 7A

AS Level results:
Maths: A
Further Maths n/a
Business: A
Economics: A
Computing: A

I have dropped computing and will take Business/ Economics/Maths/Fm to A2. All my UMS averaged over 90% so I am expecting predictions of A*A*A*A respectively.

Before my results I wasn't planning on attending university and now based on what my predictions are likely to be I suppose I have realised I shouldn't waste grades like those.

I wish to study management I believe, as I still certainly think straight economics is too strict on admissions.
Reply 1
Original post by PrinceUpsb
I am wondering what my chances of getting accepted into LSE are.

I know that they are very good grades but the reason I am not sure about my chances is because of the subject combination. I always see how universities prefer traditional subjects and some don't like the overlap of business/economics. I also doubt my GCSEs in respect to other applicants.

GCSEs: 3A* 7A

AS Level results:
Maths: A
Further Maths n/a
Business: A
Economics: A
Computing: A

I have dropped computing and will take Business/ Economics/Maths/Fm to A2. All my UMS averaged over 90% so I am expecting predictions of A*A*A*A respectively.

Before my results I wasn't planning on attending university and now based on what my predictions are likely to be I suppose I have realised I shouldn't waste grades like those.

I wish to study management I believe, as I still certainly think straight economics is too strict on admissions.

i think they would prefer you to have 3 clearly distinct subjects, so would recommend computing over business if you'd like to increase your chances, though this is MY OPINION, ask for advice from the admissions team for better guidance!

dunno why you think the admissions is "too strict" for economics... it's a popular course and they want the best, no such thing as too strict to achieve that aim...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by TPJY
i think they would prefer you to have 3 clearly distinct subjects, so would recommend computing over business if you'd like to increase your chances, though this is MY OPINION, ask for advice from the admissions team for better guidance!

dunno why you think the admissions is "too strict" for economics... it's a popular course and they want the best, no such thing as too strict to achieve that aim...

Hi thanks for your response. Yes thats exactly what I thought but there is no way I can carry on computing- I disliked it too much. I enjoy business thoroughly and have definitely decided I will continue it to A2 over computing irrespective of what unis think.

I mean that I believed they were stricter than for management so I had essentially 0 chance of studying Economics there [although I'm not even sure I want to]
Reply 3
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Hi thanks for your response. Yes thats exactly what I thought but there is no way I can carry on computing- I disliked it too much. I enjoy business thoroughly and have definitely decided I will continue it to A2 over computing irrespective of what unis think.

I mean that I believed they were stricter than for management so I had essentially 0 chance of studying Economics there [although I'm not even sure I want to]

okay that's fair enough, just ring up the lse admissions office and ask them if it's worth applying there at all because they may or may not just throw your app in the bin if they deem your subject choices too narrow, no point wasting a choice but if they're okay with it then definitely go for it because i reckon you'd have a decent chance.

oh okay, yeah that's probably true then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending