The Student Room Group

Really quite annoyed after receiving as level results today :( advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
If you're thinking of doing law, then take up History as an A level or Law seeing as you're convinced and you can carry on with the rest.
They'll give you an offer of say an A or B in history/law and a B/C in two others. There's no need to repeat everything.
Nobody gives a crap about A levels after you've finished university and had some work experience. A levels are just there to get you through university.

You're 'thinking of doing law'? No offense, but before you consider changing all your AS's you need to be 100% confident in what you actually want to study.

Thank you for your reply. Firstly I can't take up law as an alevel and carry on with business and ICT at my current college as they don't offer law, and if I was to take up history I would have to carry on with business ICT and science and The unis I've spoke to have said my a in English literature and law at GCSE means I don't need to have English and they said although they do like applications with history it is not essential and they advised me to do another a level I would enjoy more as I would be doing history purely to give me a qualification to help me get into uni as I don't like the subject.
Also, your last point is another reason why I would like to restart my a levels as I do not have enough knowledge of subjects to know my future plans and I don't want to risk going on to do a uni course I don't actually enjoy and don't want to have a career in, I don't think now or in a years time if I carried on with my original a levels I will know my career path however if I took the new a levels and went to a new college I could get more work experience, more knowledge of the subjects and see what I enjoy. By restarting my a levels I will have more time to think and it will mean I won't rush going into a career I won't enjoy and also in two years time I would have 4 a levels 2 as levels and one btec level three diploma if I went to anew college, as opposed to two a levels and a level three diploma if I stayed at my current college. All for the sake of one extra year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phippsyc
Thank you for your reply. Firstly I can't take up law as an alevel and carry on with business and ICT at my current college as they don't offer law, and if I was to take up history I would have to carry on with business ICT and science and The unis I've spoke to have said my a in English literature and law at GCSE means I don't need to have English and they said although they do like applications with history it is not essential and they advised me to do another a level I would enjoy more as I would be doing history purely to give me a qualification to help me get into uni as I don't like the subject.
Also, your last point is another reason why I would like to restart my a levels as I do not have enough knowledge of subjects to know my future plans and I don't want to risk going on to do a uni course I don't actually enjoy and don't want to have a career in, I don't think now or in a years time if I carried on with my original a levels I will know my career path however if I took the new a levels and went to a new college I could get more work experience, more knowledge of the subjects and see what I enjoy. By restarting my a levels I will have more time to think and it will mean I won't rush going into a career I won't enjoy and also in two years time I would have 4 a levels 2 as levels and one btec level three diploma if I went to anew college, as opposed to two a levels and a level three diploma if I stayed at my current college. All for the sake of one extra year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're being very brave. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest