The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Can I change my course before I start at Durham university?

[INDENT]I was wondering if anybody could help? - I have a place at Durham to study Education with Geography. However, I have taken a year out, and over the year, I have changed my mind about my course choice. I have decided that I would prefer to change to straight Geography. I did plan to start uni and then change my course in my first few weeks, although it has been worrying me for a while and I think it will be better for me to change it before I go, to prevent the stress and worry etc in my first few weeks. Does anybody know if I would be able to change my course before I go? I have met the entry requirements for the new course, and it is something that I have thought carefully about and that I'm sure about, not a last minute change of mind. Thank you so much! [/INDENT]

Original post by jazzwat
[INDENT]I was wondering if anybody could help? - I have a place at Durham to study Education with Geography. However, I have taken a year out, and over the year, I have changed my mind about my course choice. I have decided that I would prefer to change to straight Geography. I did plan to start uni and then change my course in my first few weeks, although it has been worrying me for a while and I think it will be better for me to change it before I go, to prevent the stress and worry etc in my first few weeks. Does anybody know if I would be able to change my course before I go? I have met the entry requirements for the new course, and it is something that I have thought carefully about and that I'm sure about, not a last minute change of mind. Thank you so much! [/INDENT]

I'm afraid it'll depend on a lot of things that we don't know about - the best thing for you to do is e-mail the department, explaining your situation.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jazzwat
I was wondering if anybody could help? - I have a place at Durham to study Education with Geography. However, I have taken a year out, and over the year, I have changed my mind about my course choice. I have decided that I would prefer to change to straight Geography. I did plan to start uni and then change my course in my first few weeks, although it has been worrying me for a while and I think it will be better for me to change it before I go, to prevent the stress and worry etc in my first few weeks. Does anybody know if I would be able to change my course before I go? I have met the entry requirements for the new course, and it is something that I have thought carefully about and that I'm sure about, not a last minute change of mind. Thank you so much!

Was just wondering if you had been able to make the change?
I am thinking of changing from human geography to physical geography in the first week of term....

Quick Reply

Latest