The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

What is everyone studying?!!

I was just wondering what everyone was going to be studying in Lancaster Uni.
I will be studying Theatre, so are there anybody else taking this course too?

Also wondering where you will all be travelling from too and how long it will take you to travel to the Uni. I'm from Wales and will be travelling by train so it takes me normally 4 hours and a half to five hours, maybe a little longer.
So how about everyone else? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll be doing physics! :smile:

I'll be coming from Cheshire so it will only take about an hour; dad will be driving me up.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Doing Maths, driving up from Luton so will take about 3 hours.
Reply 3
Studying English Language and driving from South Dorset, so that's about a 5-6 hour drive... can't wait :smile:
Reply 4
Studying IT for Creative Industries, coming from Wigan so only an half an hour drive
Reply 5
Original post by ImagineLillies
I was just wondering what everyone was going to be studying in Lancaster Uni.
I will be studying Theatre, so are there anybody else taking this course too?

Also wondering where you will all be travelling from too and how long it will take you to travel to the Uni. I'm from Wales and will be travelling by train so it takes me normally 4 hours and a half to five hours, maybe a little longer.
So how about everyone else? :smile:

Where in Wales are you coming from? I'm coming from near Carmarthen myself which is about 5 hours too.
Reply 6
Original post by alicaponi
Studying English Language and driving from South Dorset, so that's about a 5-6 hour drive... can't wait :smile:

I think your the only person I have seen that's coming from further South then me, I'm from Somerset but live quite near the border of Dorset so probably five hours depending on traffic. Most people are from the North or Midlands that I've seen on the other threads.
Studying Biological Sciences and driving from Norwich - so roughly 6 hours
Reply 8
i'm doing Maths! I'm from Bristol so it's a lovely 3.5 hour sail up the motorways!
Reply 9
doing IT for Creative Industries and I'm near Birmingham so not too far away ;3
Reply 10
I'm doing earth and environmental science. Only met 2 other people on TSR doing the same course! I'm from Essex so it'll take me about 4 hrs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by katie55
I think your the only person I have seen that's coming from further South then me, I'm from Somerset but live quite near the border of Dorset so probably five hours depending on traffic. Most people are from the North or Midlands that I've seen on the other threads.

Ah, it's nice to see a fellow southerner, although I think our accents are going to get quite a drubbing...
Reply 12
Original post by HenryLinguistic
Studying Biological Sciences and driving from Norwich - so roughly 6 hours

I'm coming from near Ipswich, so a similar sort of direction as you. I feel like it was only (though i use the term loosely) a five hour drive or so for us.

I'm studying English Lit with Creative Writing.
Reply 13
Ah, it's nice to see a fellow southerner, although I think our accents are going to get quite a drubbing...

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm originally from North East England and although it is very diluted now I don't have a Southern accent at all, I just have a strange accent but good luck with your accent is it really broad?
Original post by Astonix
Where in Wales are you coming from? I'm coming from near Carmarthen myself which is about 5 hours too.
<br />
<br />
I live about 40 minutes away from Cardiff by train. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by katie55
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm originally from North East England and although it is very diluted now I don't have a Southern accent at all, I just have a strange accent but good luck with your accent is it really broad?

Ahh I used to have a bit of a farmers accent as a kid, it's barely recognisable any more, especially around the really thick accents you hear in Dorset, but the odd word makes me sound like a Wurzel...
Reply 16
Ahh I used to have a bit of a farmers accent as a kid, it's barely recognisable any more, especially around the really thick accents you hear in Dorset, but the odd word makes me sound like a Wurzel...

I think you may stand out quite a bit still, unfortunately for you but it will be a good conversation starter, I don't think there are many people from the South going to Lancaster so you're a rare jewel :smile: They may ask you to say tractor and combine harvester a million times. When we visit family they do that with my little sister as she picked up the local accent.

What college are you in?
Reply 17
Original post by katie55
I think you may stand out quite a bit still, unfortunately for you but it will be a good conversation starter, I don't think there are many people from the South going to Lancaster so you're a rare jewel :smile: They may ask you to say tractor and combine harvester a million times. When we visit family they do that with my little sister as she picked up the local accent.

What college are you in?

You're probably right, every time I leave the county I become conscious that the accent isn't as subtle as I'd hoped :colondollar:

I'm in Furness College, how about you?
Reply 18
I shall be reading Law next September. Maybe September 2015 actually if I decide to take a Gap year.
Reply 19
Sorry didn't realise this was a university specific thread. Not applying to Lancs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending