The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Getting Around Campus

Hi I'm coming to Lough in September to do English.
I'm staying in Telford (not been told any details further than that yet) and was basically wondering the distance from Telford to the English department/theatre, supermarket? Mainly the English dept.

I'm aware of the free bus on campus which is great! I'm still deliberating though whether it's worth taking a bike with me seeing as there's a bike stand at my halls anyway.

Pipe up if you know anything haha! And also if you're also at Telford/doing English :smile:
Reply 1
I think for most people, unless your doing Engineering, you use all the lecture theatres, so it doesn't matter how close you are to the English department! And I'm in Telford too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Telford is literally the geographical centre of campus. And distance to your department shouldn't matter, lectures will all be in Central Park for non-engineers. Sainsbury's is about a 20-30 minute walk from Telford, but the bus goes straight there. I would definitely recommend taking a bike, as it's a brilliant tool to explore the town with to get your bearings.
Reply 3
I was in Cayley, right by telford, and its right in the middle of campus. Easy walking to anywhere from the aeroeng building to the students union, your sorted.

- Engineering students also have plenty of lectures outside of department over in James France etc too.
- Campus bus, within campus, it barely worth it, but is bob on for going into down in the rain, or to the station or back from saisburys with large bags.
- If you want to go on a pilgrimage to a larger super market, tescos is not a million miles, although its better by bike/car. There are shops on campus too.

Daniel
Reply 4
Just so people are aware, Telford have now moved to the 'old' Village Court, and I believe Faraday have taken over the 'old' Telford.
Reply 5
By 'Old Village Court' you mean 'Old Elyvin Richards' right... map still shows Telford as being the hall just up from Cayley however?

Although in fairness, all the student village halls are walking distance from anywhere on campus, Even DC (west campus, just) and Towers/Butler (east) are not far from anywhere.

Daniel
Reply 6
Original post by dhutch
By 'Old Village Court' you mean 'Old Elyvin Richards' right... map still shows Telford as being the hall just up from Cayley however?

Although in fairness, all the student village halls are walking distance from anywhere on campus, Even DC (west campus, just) and Towers/Butler (east) are not far from anywhere.

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Yes, I meant the 'Old Elvyn Richards'. I've sent Marketing an email informing them to update it.

You're right, the whole of campus is within a decent walking distance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending