The Student Room Group
No i don't think you should worry about changing course - economics is good enough to become a lawyer (even if you don't choose corporate in the end). It just means you would have to do the Law Conversion course as well as the legal practise course. This would mean you would have to do your three year economics course, then two years of legal training courses before you can start your training contract. Many people go down this route by studying a subject that they enjoy more than straight law. Also you are going to a top university so it should be slightly easier to get a training contract. However, it might be worth getting some form of experience in a law firm, even if it is just two weeks during the summer. Do plenty of vacation placement schemes.
No i don't think you should worry about changing course - economics is good enough to become a lawyer (even if you don't choose corporate in the end). It just means you would have to do the Law Conversion course as well as the legal practise course. This would mean you would have to do your three year economics course, then two years of legal training courses before you can start your training contract. Many people go down this route by studying a subject that they enjoy more than straight law. Also you are going to a top university so it should be slightly easier to get a training contract. However, it might be worth getting some form of experience in a law firm, even if it is just two weeks during the summer. Do plenty of vacation placement schemes.
Reply 5
You should stick with Economics, that way you can still do Economics if you decide you dont want to do Law.
Reply 6
What grades would i need to get a decent training contract.
Or above decent training contract.
For A Levels you would need min ABB but more realistically, most would have AAB-AAA. For degree, you would need at least a 2:1 to be considered at a top firm
Regional firms i.e. firms with offices at Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds may consider people with just BBB at A level although this would be under exceptional circumstances.
Reply 9
Wow, quadruple post :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending