The Student Room Group

So I don't know what to do...

Hey everyone,

First off, I don't even know if this is in the right section. I'm only 21, I don't really consider that mature, but still, I guess it is in relation to most other uni applicants? Still, moving on.

So, here's the whole story. Around 2010 I applied to Essex university to study creative writing at the Colchester campus. I got in but only managed the first term. Basically, a couple of things happened that really eroded my mental fortitude, and it was arranged with the uni that I intermit until I got my head sorted. That's the shortened version basically.

Cut to now, and I don't know what to do. As far as I know, I'm still on the books at Essex Uni and I've gotten to the stage where I'm looking back into university. Thing is, I don't know where to start? Do I have to go through UCAS again? And to complicate matters more, I don't really want to return to Essex because the course didn't really match with what I had expected (they made you take all this other crap along with the creative writing that just killed it). So yeah, what do I do? And what about finance? They approved me last time, and since I never really dropped out does that mean it's still there and I just have to tell them I'm going back? And the fact I have mental issues, will that be a problem?

Any help would be awesome, as I don't have a clue what to do or where even to begin. I should have joined this site ages ago.

So yeah, thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
The funding won't be an issue, you are entitled to 4 years government finding so considering you probably only had 1 terms worth of funding there are still 3 years left for you (I suspect they will count that first term as a whole year in terms of funding but I may be wrong).

If you are still 'on the books' at Essex it may be possible to transfer universities without having to go through UCAS (hence saving you the application fee!) but you would have to contact Essex and the other universities you are considering to find out if this is a possibility. They might prefer you to reapply though since it was a few years ago now that you started. I'm not sure if you can reapply through UCAS without formally withdrawing from Essex first but I think you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending