The Student Room Group

My first reply was a decline

Everyone can just go away now, i'm not going to withdraw my application and I KNOW about the situation with GCSE maths, so everyone doesn't need to keep unnecessarily repeating themselves.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DO NOT WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION!
Please please please don't. I understand how disheartening it can be but don't give up! Try to stay positive and if unfortunately you are unsuccessful this year, try again next year after you have home experience or something.
honestly if you withdraw your application you may well regret it.
if you want to know anything feel free to pm me, when I applied all of my choices were declined, I tried again and got an offer!
Keep your chin up chuck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BatmanAL
DO NOT WITHDRAW YOUR APPLICATION!
Please please please don't. I understand how disheartening it can be but don't give up! Try to stay positive and if unfortunately you are unsuccessful this year, try again next year after you have home experience or something.
honestly if you withdraw your application you may well regret it.
if you want to know anything feel free to pm me, when I applied all of my choices were declined, I tried again and got an offer!
Keep your chin up chuck! :smile:

Gaaah thank you so so so much. Finally someone who's been there and completely understands what it feels like! I've emailed them asking them to reconsider or at least give me a reason as to why I was unsuccessful, so that put my mind at ease slightly. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Leanney
Gaaah thank you so so so much. Finally someone who's been there and completely understands what it feels like! I've emailed them asking them to reconsider or at least give me a reason as to why I was unsuccessful, so that put my mind at ease slightly. :smile:

Aye, it's always good to ask for feedback- whether it be good or bad, at least you will have some indication as to where to improve next time :smile: can I ask what course it's for??
Reply 4
Original post by BatmanAL
Aye, it's always good to ask for feedback- whether it be good or bad, at least you will have some indication as to where to improve next time :smile: can I ask what course it's for??

Exactly, I need answers! Psychology, Counselling and Therapies. :smile:
Reply 5
Definitely don't! My friend had 4 rejections before her 5th was accepted and now she is very happy at uni :smile:
This is really upsetting for you, especially as it's your first response, but don't give up. You only need one offer. Whereabouts did this application sit on your list? Was it a high risk or not?
Reply 7
My first choice was Soton and they rejected me and were my first response. Universities are very competitive especially for the sort of course you are applying for - there is nothing to say that you won't get any offers! All the best :biggrin:
I was rejected by ALL my university's last year for a course which has between 10-30places on major competitive!!!!! I got 5 interviews! and I applied for all lower grade university's, ie bcu, staffs, etc. I went into clearing and ended up at the University of Nottingham doing this course! :smile: don't worry about rejection trust me it just makes you more determine :biggrin: good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
UPDATE - I emailed Bedfordshire Uni saying that I think they acted a bit hastily in rejecting my application. They emailed me back saying if I send copies of my A-level and AS certificates to them then they'll review my application! I wasn't even expecting an email back to be honest, let alone an offer to review my application! Sooo happy!
Reply 10
Original post by saraw26
Definitely don't! My friend had 4 rejections before her 5th was accepted and now she is very happy at uni :smile:

Original post by carnationlilyrose
This is really upsetting for you, especially as it's your first response, but don't give up. You only need one offer. Whereabouts did this application sit on your list? Was it a high risk or not?

Original post by Alice_95
My first choice was Soton and they rejected me and were my first response. Universities are very competitive especially for the sort of course you are applying for - there is nothing to say that you won't get any offers! All the best :biggrin:

Original post by graceey_bear
I was rejected by ALL my university's last year for a course which has between 10-30places on major competitive!!!!! I got 5 interviews! and I applied for all lower grade university's, ie bcu, staffs, etc. I went into clearing and ended up at the University of Nottingham doing this course! :smile: don't worry about rejection trust me it just makes you more determine :biggrin: good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your support everyone! :3 :biggrin:
Original post by Leanney
UPDATE - I emailed Bedfordshire Uni saying that I think they acted a bit hastily in rejecting my application. They emailed me back saying if I send copies of my A-level and AS certificates to them then they'll review my application! I wasn't even expecting an email back to be honest, let alone an offer to review my application! Sooo happy!

Do you satisfy Bedfordshire's minimum requirements?
Reply 12
Original post by ageshallnot
Do you satisfy Bedfordshire's minimum requirements?

Yep, all except a C in GCSE maths (which is why they rejected me) but it's all sorted now thanks to their niceness over email. :3
Reply 13
Original post by Leanney
Yep, all except a C in GCSE maths (which is why they rejected me) but it's all sorted now thanks to their niceness over email. :3

Congratulations!

I'm sending off my application next week. Then the wait begins :frown:
Original post by Leanney

Congratulations! Do you have an equivalent qualification to the GCSE Maths? Or did they accept you without?
Reply 15
Original post by emmahlie
Congratulations!

I'm sending off my application next week. Then the wait begins :frown:

Aww good luck! The wait is dire, I keep checking/refreshing track every 5 minutes!

Congratulations! Do you have an equivalent qualification to the GCSE Maths? Or did they accept you without?

Well I have an Application of Number Level 2 key skill but I don't think that's quite the equivalent of GCSE maths. They haven't accepted me yet but I'm hoping that them asking me to send my A-level certificates to them is a good sign?! :smile:
Original post by Leanney

Well I have an Application of Number Level 2 key skill but I don't think that's quite the equivalent of GCSE maths. They haven't accepted me yet but I'm hoping that them asking me to send my A-level certificates to them is a good sign?! :smile:

If that isn't the equivalent of GCSE Maths then you could have trouble being accepted not only at Bedfordshire, but at any university. A GCSE Maths grade C (or equivalent) is often a general admissions qualification for any course, and seems to be a requirement for all the Psychology-based courses I've flicked through. The main reason is that there is a heavy dose of quantitative analysis in Psychology.
Reply 17
If that isn't the equivalent of GCSE Maths then you could have trouble being accepted not only at Bedfordshire, but at any university. A GCSE Maths grade C (or equivalent) is often a general admissions qualification for any course, and seems to be a requirement for all the Psychology-based courses I've flicked through. The main reason is that there is a heavy dose of quantitative analysis in Psychology.

But surely they could just let me sit a maths admission test then? Just because I messed up my maths GCSE on the day doesn't mean that I can't handle mathematical problems! I basically said all of that to them in the email anyway so we'll see what happens :P
Original post by Leanney
Exactly, I need answers! Psychology, Counselling and Therapies. :smile:

Yeah, It sounds like you need some of that yourself :smile:
Original post by Leanney
But surely they could just let me sit a maths admission test then? Just because I messed up my maths GCSE on the day doesn't mean that I can't handle mathematical problems! I basically said all of that to them in the email anyway so we'll see what happens :P

I don't think universities administer admissions tests. Have you not had the chance to re-sit your Maths, give that it's a pretty general requirement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending