The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am currently waiting upon my reply for the Medicine A100 course at Lancaster and have seen many people have started to get their interviews that are held in December, has all of the interviews been given out for the December period? Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by wizbang33
Hi, I am currently waiting upon my reply for the Medicine A100 course at Lancaster and have seen many people have started to get their interviews that are held in December, has all of the interviews been given out for the December period? Thanks.

Hello,

I have spoken to the School of Medicine on your behalf:

"Our interviews are in early December, late January and early February. We have sent out some information regarding our interviews to applicants, however not all information has been sent as yet."

If you have any further questions I recommend contacting the admissions team directly via email or telephone on 01524 594393.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Hi,
I have a large, double room on the ground floor of a student house in Lancaster which is available. 5 second year students already in the house. Rent is £95 per week with bills, wifi, internet booster, washing machine and tumble drier available. The house is a 5 minute walk from the University of Cumbria, a minute walk from a local corner shop. Williamson Park and the Butterfly House are also in close walking distance along with a 5-10 minute walk to town and lots of bus stops nearby. Plenty of parking available. Lease is until 7th July 2015 and the room is available ASAP.
Message me for any more information
Original post by emmaacarroll
Hi,
I have a large, double room on the ground floor of a student house in Lancaster which is available. 5 second year students already in the house. Rent is £95 per week with bills, wifi, internet booster, washing machine and tumble drier available. The house is a 5 minute walk from the University of Cumbria, a minute walk from a local corner shop. Williamson Park and the Butterfly House are also in close walking distance along with a 5-10 minute walk to town and lots of bus stops nearby. Plenty of parking available. Lease is until 7th July 2015 and the room is available ASAP.
Message me for any more information

Hi, which uni do the 5 of you go to? I go to Lancaster uni and am looking for a room but would prefer to be with students at my uni so jw haha x
Hello,

I've gotten an AAB conditional offer from Lancaster and I would like to ask if it's possible to get an unconditional offer before my results are released. If so, on what basis would this happen and how high a percentage of students get such an offer?

Thanks
Original post by lumos28
Hi, which uni do the 5 of you go to? I go to Lancaster uni and am looking for a room but would prefer to be with students at my uni so jw haha x

I go to cumbria I'm afraid as do the other girls in my house but it's in very close walking distance of many bus stops and just a short walk to the bus station in town, I can message you more information if you'd like, however, I understand if you'd rather be with Lancaster students :smile:
Reply 366
Hi,
I've applied for medicine at Lancaster and I'm wondering what you look at most when you're deciding which applicants to invite to interview! I love Lancaster so I'm hoping to get an interview!
Thank you :smile:
Hi, I have an interview for Medicine but the problem is I haven't received official certificates for my AS results to bring with me. Dont know if my school will give them anytime soon. What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
Hi, I have an interview for Medicine but the problem is I haven't received official certificates for my AS results to bring with me. Dont know if my school will give them anytime soon. What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the same problem :frown:
Original post by RaymondTan
Hello,

I've gotten an AAB conditional offer from Lancaster and I would like to ask if it's possible to get an unconditional offer before my results are released. If so, on what basis would this happen and how high a percentage of students get such an offer?

Thanks

Hello Raymond,

A number of departments are operating an unconditional scheme this year, with offers being based on strong academic profiles. As each applicant case will be different and the exact department criteria varies we advise getting in touch with the admissions office via email ([email protected]) for further details.

Lancaster University
Hello,

I am hoping to go to Lancaster in 2015 to study maths. I did all 6 modules for A level maths in one year and I included them all on my UCAS form. I have now had an offer which says that if I confirm as my firm or insurance I will have to show evidence of the maths A level achieved in 2014.
The problem I have is that my school have only cashed in the AS element and not the A2. If I get the module scores printed on school headed paper and send this to the undergraduate admissions office will that be good enough to confirm that I have the grade required but not the certificate just yet?

Thanks

Scarlett

I received an offer last week, but I haven't received any information about applicant visit days, just I need dates as soon as possible as I need to book travel :smile:
I was just wondering as to when the details for the year 12 medicine summer school are being released?
thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by .midnight_sun.

Hello,

I've passed your query on to the Medical School, as soon as I hear back from them I will update you. Alternativele please feel free to contact the Medical School directly via email @ [email protected] or via telephone on 01524 594393.

Lancaster University
Original post by ScarBrown
Hello,

I am hoping to go to Lancaster in 2015 to study maths. I did all 6 modules for A level maths in one year and I included them all on my UCAS form. I have now had an offer which says that if I confirm as my firm or insurance I will have to show evidence of the maths A level achieved in 2014.
The problem I have is that my school have only cashed in the AS element and not the A2. If I get the module scores printed on school headed paper and send this to the undergraduate admissions office will that be good enough to confirm that I have the grade required but not the certificate just yet?

Thanks

Scarlett

Hello Scarlett,

If you've listed that an A-Level has been completed and a grade awarded typically the admissions office assumption is that this is a certified award hence the request to provide official confirmation.

Please don't worry though, assuming you will certify the subject next summer UCAS will provide confirmation of the grade directly to your University choices. I would advise sending an email to clarify the situation to [email protected], this will ensure that the office know to look out for the subject in the summer.

I hope this helps, please just get back in touch if you have any further questions.

Lancaster University
Original post by charlottealevel
I received an offer last week, but I haven't received any information about applicant visit days, just I need dates as soon as possible as I need to book travel :smile:

Hello Charlotte,

Glad to hear you are keen to visit! Your department should be writing to you shortly to provide further information on the applicant visit days and options available. If you have any worries about booking travel or just want to get a head start before Christmas I advise getting in touch with your department directly, they would be happy to advise. Contact details for each admitting department can be found via each subject information page on the Lancaster website.

Lancaster University
Original post by gb_faith
I was just wondering as to when the details for the year 12 medicine summer school are being released?
thanks

Details of the Medicine year 12 Summer School should be on the website by this weekend. If you would like further updates or have any questions in the meantime please email [email protected].

Lancaster University
Does Lancaster accept btec subsidiary diploma in IT along with 2 A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maaarviin
Does Lancaster accept btec subsidiary diploma in IT along with 2 A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

For the majority of departments this would be acceptable but not for all, which subject are you interested in?

Lancaster University

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by .midnight_sun.

Hello,

Have you taken a look at the Medicine School website admissions pages?

In regards to certificates please bring all those that you can, you will be contacted after the interview with information/certificates that the department still need to see.

Lancaster University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending