The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Business economics bsc I do economics and business studies a level and German a level by I'm native plus IT subsidiary diploma

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I received a letter from a lecturer or tutor saying "I recommened you a place...." - slightly confused? Why did they specifically write to me to say this?

And I recieved another letter with a handwritten comment saying good luck from the same tutor :/
Hello,
I am an oversea student and would like to know further about the EY degree selection process and how it is eligible for oversea students (International Students) in the eventuality that they have an offer and are invited to attend assessment centre.
What are the procedures? Do I have to travel all the way to the UK?

Will this take place while I am sitting for my A Level Cambridge International Examinations in May/June 2015 or before or after?

I am applying through UCAS for the 2015 entry in LANCASTER UNIVERSITY with Accounting Finance and Audit Bsc. (Undergraduate Program).

" Any offer for the BSc (Hons) Accounting, Auditing and Finance degree will only be made after successful attendance at an assessment centre organised by Ernst & Young, in collaboration with the University. Selected UCAS applicants will therefore be requested to complete a supplementary application form and online test, and may then receive an invitation to attend an assessment centre in either London or Lancaster. "
I'm applying to University of Lancaster for Accounting and Finance. What are the qualities you expect in a student?
Hello!As a future international student,I would like to apply at Lancaster University.The field that I am interested in is Engineering (BEng Hons),and I would like to know if it is mandatory to take the International Baccalaureate exam in Physics to be accepted at Lancaster.I am currently studying in Romania at a tehnical profile (5 hours of Mathematics and 3 hours of Physics per week),but I chose to take the IB in Mathematics and Biology.Thank you for your time!
To whom it may concern,
I would like to know if there are any programs I could apply for, to lower the requirements for medicine?
Yours sincerely,
RK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya! I was wondering if the Marketing department of the management school are taking part in any scheme similar to previous years considering they aren't involved in the unconditional scheme? e.g Grade drop for those who firm?
Original post by Maaarviin
Business economics bsc I do economics and business studies a level and German a level by I'm native plus IT subsidiary diploma

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Yes, For Business Economics (Industry) a combination of A-Levels and a BTEC subsidiary diploma would be considered.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Original post by Olympiad
I received a letter from a lecturer or tutor saying "I recommened you a place...." - slightly confused? Why did they specifically write to me to say this?

And I recieved another letter with a handwritten comment saying good luck from the same tutor :/

Hello,

Some departments review forms, and prior to the offer being made, like to let the student know that they will shortly be receiving an offer via UCAS Track, I imagine that this i what has happened in your case. Similarly other letters and or emails are sent out to applicants and offer holders inviting them to attend a post application visit day, was it in a letter like this that you received a hand written comment?

I am assuming that by know you have received confirmation of an offer via UCAS Track, if so, congratulations! Please do not worry about receiving additional letters or email from the department, the admissions tutors want to keep all applicants informed about opportunities to visit, current research projects, areas of expertise and similar strengths of the department.

Lancaster University
Original post by tablechair1
To whom it may concern,
I would like to know if there are any programs I could apply for, to lower the requirements for medicine?
Yours sincerely,
RK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello RK,

We do not offer an foundation entry Medicine degree courses. We do offer a Pre-Medical Studies certificate coursewhich is designed for those students who are high achievers but could not qualify for Medicine directly due to subject requirements etc.

Lancaster University
Original post by JakeMasters
Hiya! I was wondering if the Marketing department of the management school are taking part in any scheme similar to previous years considering they aren't involved in the unconditional scheme? e.g Grade drop for those who firm?

Hi Jake,

There is currently no scheme in operation this year but the department may choose to contact applicants at a later stage with further information regarding such a scheme.

Lancaster University
Original post by Tudorcraciun
Hello!As a future international student,I would like to apply at Lancaster University.The field that I am interested in is Engineering (BEng Hons),and I would like to know if it is mandatory to take the International Baccalaureate exam in Physics to be accepted at Lancaster.I am currently studying in Romania at a tehnical profile (5 hours of Mathematics and 3 hours of Physics per week),but I chose to take the IB in Mathematics and Biology.Thank you for your time!

Hello,

We're happy to consider a wide variety of qualifications including combinations but I would advise that you check with the admissions office as to the particular suitability of your qualifications for entry to your chosen course. I suggest that you email [email protected] listing your full qualifications and subjects and the course that you are interested in, the admissions team would be happy to advise you further in detail.

Lancaster University
Reply 392
I am currently studying history at university of Nottingham but i want to switch to Lancaster to do economics and politics. How do i go about doing this?
Hello,
I am an oversea student and would like to know further about the EY degree selection process and how it is eligible for oversea students (International Students) in the eventuality that they have an offer and are invited to attend assessment centre.

Will this take place while I am sitting for my A Level Cambridge International Examinations in May/June 2015 or before or after?*

I am applying through UCAS for the 2015 entry in LANCASTER UNIVERSITY with Accounting Finance and Audit Bsc. (Undergraduate Program).*

" Any offer for the BSc (Hons) Accounting, Auditing and Finance degree will only be made after successful attendance at an assessment centre organised by Ernst & Young, in collaboration with the University. Selected UCAS applicants will therefore be requested to complete a supplementary application form and online test, and may then receive an invitation to attend an assessment centre in either London or Lancaster. "
Original post by Annaboni00
Hello,

Will this take place while I am sitting for my A Level Cambridge International Examinations in May/June 2015 or before or after?*

I am applying through UCAS for the 2015 entry in LANCASTER UNIVERSITY with Accounting Finance and Audit Bsc. (Undergraduate Program).*

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. All applicants who submit an application for 2015 entry to Accounting, Auditing and Finance BSc will be assessed and selected applicants will be contacted with further information about the selection process including an invite to complete a supplementary application form. If this is successful you will be invited by EY to begin their selection process.

More information on the selection process can be found on the departments dedicated page EY Degree.

For applicants who reach the assessment workshop stage will be required to attend a centre in the UK, unfortunately these are not available outside of the UK. The assessment workshops run throughout the year but will typically take place before you receive your A level results.

It is worth noting that the selection process for The EY Degree has been carefully designed to provide a 'safety net' should your application fail at any of the stages outlined above. Specifically if you are unsuccessful and meet the entry requirements, you will be offered a place on one of our alternative accounting and finance programmes via UCAS. Applying for the EY degree means that you only need to make one application to the Accounting and Finance department.

Hope this helps.

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
Original post by nishadigaitonde
I'm applying to University of Lancaster for Accounting and Finance. What are the qualities you expect in a student?

Hello,

First and foremost we are looking for applicants to have a keen interest in the subject area. We look for applicants who have taken an interest in the subject outside of the classroom such as reading blogs and journals. In your personal statement you should be able to answer the following questions:

‘Why do you want study this subject and why are you the right person for the course?’

On an academic level all courses within our Accounting and Finance department typically offer at AAB at A level and require a B in GCSE Mathematics for 2015 entry and we would expect applicants to have an academic profile in this area.

Hope this helps.

Matt Birkett | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
Got an Offer business economic with a year in industry!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, really need help on this, I have got a conditional offer from Lancaster to study law, however part of the condition States that they need verification on my GCSE English Language which is really confusing because all my results are already on my UCAS application so I don't understand why they need any verification. a bit worried now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steelman1000
hi, really need help on this, I have got a conditional offer from Lancaster to study law, however part of the condition States that they need verification on my GCSE English Language which is really confusing because all my results are already on my UCAS application so I don't understand why they need any verification. a bit worried now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got the same thing on my offer and my offer was a bit odd as they only specified 2 grades that they wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maaarviin
Yeah I got the same thing on my offer and my offer was a bit odd as they only specified 2 grades that they wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks haha glad am not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending