Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hjb2
Hi,

On the student portal I have noticed that there is a link to installing Microsoft Office for free, I was just wondering whether I would be able to get this yet?

Thank you!

Hello,

Yes you are able to install Microsoft Office ProPlus office suite via the Lancaster University Office 365 portal, all you need is your University Account details. You should have this information already.

For a step by step guide on installing check out Lancaster Answers and search for "How to: Use the Office 365 Portal".

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi, please when do we know if we are entitled to the lancaster bursary and when will we get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Welsh Baccalaureate accepted if I am also taking 3 other A Levels? I can't make this out from the admissions page.
Original post by steelman1000
Hi, please when do we know if we are entitled to the lancaster bursary and when will we get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

The Student Funding team automatically assess for financial awards where they have the information necessary to calculate an award. Email confirmation is usually sent out to students at the end of week 2 of the first term. All awards are paid in February.

Lancaster University
I have a question I hope you may be able to help with. My son is going to be studying for an engineering degree at Lancaster but he is also very keen on languages after performing very well during his time at school and into 6th form, specifically in German and Russian. Is there a facility at Lancaster where he may be able to continue with his languages in his spare time if he wanted to?
Original post by Mumsknowbest
I have a question I hope you may be able to help with. My son is going to be studying for an engineering degree at Lancaster but he is also very keen on languages after performing very well during his time at school and into 6th form, specifically in German and Russian. Is there a facility at Lancaster where he may be able to continue with his languages in his spare time if he wanted to?

Hello,

There are a number of opportunities to study a language in your spare time while studying at Lancaster. The Confucius Institute offer Mandarin lessons for students, Lancaster University Culture Society offer over 15 language classes a week including German and I believe Russian, I am sure the society will be at Freshers Fair and able to discuss your son's language interests with him.

Alice
Lancaster University
Hello,
any scholarships available for EU students?
Original post by maracatinca
Hello,
any scholarships available for EU students?

Hello,

The Management School do offer scholarships for EU students, for further details check out their fees and funding information. Currently there are no scholarships for EU students outside of the Management School.

Lancaster University
Reply 788
Hi, I was just wondering how many people you take in for your Bsc earth and environmental science course (2016 entry)? Thank you :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 789
Hi , Im thinking of doing the Management and Information Technology (ITMB) course at Lancaster in 2016 and i would like to know if Lancaster would drop my grades if i firmed them since i need AAB and i have a feeling i will only get ABB?
Original post by SLS123
Hi, I was just wondering how many people you take in for your Bsc earth and environmental science course (2016 entry)? Thank you :smile:

Hello,

There are no set specific numbers for the particular degree course; the numbers tend to be considered on a wider subject/department basis as a result of Lancaster's flexible part one study system.

If you are worried about applying, don't be! As long as you are studying any required subjects, meet GCSE criteria where applicable, have predicted grades in the region of those that are asked, have a strong personal statement and supportive academic reference there is a great chance of an initial offer.

Lancaster University
Original post by Aaron_1
Hi , Im thinking of doing the Management and Information Technology (ITMB) course at Lancaster in 2016 and i would like to know if Lancaster would drop my grades if i firmed them since i need AAB and i have a feeling i will only get ABB?

Hello,

At this stage there is no set agreement. However in previous years, where applicants have fallen narrowly below the grades required, they have still been accepted. Unfortunately this is not possible to guarantee year on year.

Lancaster University
Hi! Im now doing A2 and Im planning to apply for law in Lancaster. My predicted grades are AAB and are my grades are good enough to enter Lancaster? And how is the accommodation?Many thanks!!:smile:
How many people do you take in each year for Natural Sciences and what is the number of applicants per place? Also how many students are in the university in total?
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi! Im now doing A2 and Im planning to apply for law in Lancaster. My predicted grades are AAB and are my grades are good enough to enter Lancaster? And how is the accommodation?Many thanks!!:smile:

Hello,

As your grades are in the region of those that the Law School ask for, there is a really good chance of an initial offer (assuming you have a strong personal statement and supportive academic reference). The typical offer for the LLB Hons Law course (M100) is AAA. In previous years, on results day, where applicants have fallen narrowly below the grades required they have still been accepted for a place on the course, however it is unfortunately not possible to guarantee this each year.

All of Lancaster's on campus accommodation is based within one of the 9 Colleges (8 undergraduate). There are many different types of accommodation for you to choose from and Lancaster's accommodation has won the best students halls for the 6th year running in the national student housing survey.

Further details on the accommodation can be found via the Accommodation Office website or facebook page.

Lancaster University
Original post by smwolves
Is Welsh Baccalaureate accepted if I am also taking 3 other A Levels? I can't make this out from the admissions page.

Hello!

Sorry for the delayed response. For 2016 entry the Welsh Baccalaureate can be accepted as one of 4 subjects/alongside 3 other A Levels for certain degree courses.

I recommend contacting the admissions office via email on [email protected] for details specific to your subject.

Lancaster University
Original post by NicoleTayJY
Hi,

I was wondering, is your marketing with psychology course more focused on marketing or psychology? Or is it a balance between the both?

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

Marketing with Psychology is roughly a 50/50 split. You can check out an example module selection on the course information page modules tab. The list of modules is interactive and if you click a title you should be provided with an in depth description of the course.

Lancaster University
Original post by 1lilypad1
How many people do you take in each year for Natural Sciences and what is the number of applicants per place? Also how many students are in the university in total?

Hello,

Natural Science students study up to three subjects in different departments for the course of the degree; as a result numbers are not fixed as you may expect. The admissions tutor for Natural Sciences will respond soon with a more in depth answer as to how Natural Sciences work - watch this space.

Lancaster University currently has over 12000 students from over 100 countries.

Lancaster University
Original post by 1lilypad1

Original post by Lancaster University
Hello,

Natural Science students study up to three subjects in different departments for the course of the degree; as a result numbers are not fixed as you may expect. The admissions tutor for Natural Sciences will respond soon with a more in depth answer as to how Natural Sciences work - watch this space.

Lancaster University currently has over 12000 students from over 100 countries.

Dr Keith Davidson, Director of Natural Sciences has given the following response:

Natural Sciences has no fixed target for student numbers but has enrolled approximately 70 students in each of the last three years. These 70 being recruited from total application numbers of around 300 per annum. Therefore the number of applicants per place is about 4.28. In total Lancaster University has about 14000 students of which about 11000 are undergraduate and 3000 are postgraduate.

Lancaster University
Reply 799
hey,
i will like to know if the university provides the textbooks or i have to buy the book myself if i a doing law
thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending