The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NatashaC_
Hi, I applied originally for Law and Criminology at Lancaster but luckily was able to change my course to Psychology just recently. However, due to mitigating circumstances, I am not going forward with 3 A-levels, instead I am completing 2, is there any way that I can still maintain my place/have my offer changed? I was set on having Lancaster as my firm choice but now I'm worried that this situation has ruined my university prospects, I was just looking for some reassurance or advice/help?Thank you!

Hello Natasha,

I recommend that you email the undergraduate admissions office for further advice and guidance; you can reach the team via [email protected] and they will pass your questions on to the relevant admissions officer. Please do include your UCAS ID number in your email.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer
Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi, I've sent an email to the sociology admissions department and I've yet to receive a response. It's only been a week but seeing as other universities reply back promptly, I was wondering how long does it usually take to get a response back? Thank you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by heyitsjess
Hi, I've sent an email to the sociology admissions department and I've yet to receive a response. It's only been a week but seeing as other universities reply back promptly, I was wondering how long does it usually take to get a response back? Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry you have not yet had a response. If you could forward your original email to the central undergraduate admissions team via [email protected] we can hopefully answer any queries you have or chase them up with the department.

Lancaster University
Hi
I have an interview for Pre-Med course A900 on 1st March. I was wondering if you had any information on what type of interview it is. Is it like an MMI? That's the one most universities are using but on your website i can't find anything about the type of interview for Pre-Med A900 course.
Also i read up that you have 150 applicants and only 15 accepted. Does that mean you give 15 people interviews or you give 15 people an offer? Out of the 150 applicants, how many do you interview on average?
Original post by anika98
Hi
I have an interview for Pre-Med course A900 on 1st March. I was wondering if you had any information on what type of interview it is. Is it like an MMI? That's the one most universities are using but on your website i can't find anything about the type of interview for Pre-Med A900 course.
Also i read up that you have 150 applicants and only 15 accepted. Does that mean you give 15 people interviews or you give 15 people an offer? Out of the 150 applicants, how many do you interview on average?

Hello,

I recommend that you get in touch with the Division of Biomedical and Life Sciences admissions team, they will be best placed to give you advice and guidance regarding the interview day. You can contact the team via email @ [email protected] or via telephone on 01524 593265.

Lancaster University
Hi, I have already put Lancaster as my firm choice for biomedical sciences, should I have heard back from the admissions team acknowledging that it has processed?
Original post by bethanygallagher
Hi, I have already put Lancaster as my firm choice for biomedical sciences, should I have heard back from the admissions team acknowledging that it has processed?

Hello,

The confirmation would be solely via UCAS and you would not normally receive direct confirmation from the University. If you have any nerves about making the choices or whether your selections have worked I recommend you contact UCAS directly alternatively feel free to contact the undergraduate admissions office at Lancaster if you have any specific Lancaster choice questions.

Lancaster University
I had an unconditional from Lancaster, through a letter in the post, but it still says that I have a conditional on UCAS. Is this normal?
Hello, when will we be able to apply for accommodation? :smile:
Thanks
Original post by PerksOfBeingEm
I had an unconditional from Lancaster, through a letter in the post, but it still says that I have a conditional on UCAS. Is this normal?

Hello,

Typically your offer will remain as conditional until you make Lancaster your firm choice. Once you make Lancaster your firm choice the admissions office will take the appropriate steps to change your offer to unconditional. This will not be an instantaneous change; if you do make Lancaster your firm choice please do not worry if you see no immediate change, the offer will typically change over a 48 hour period.

Lancaster University
Original post by elizabetht96
Hello, when will we be able to apply for accommodation? :smile:
Thanks

You will typically be invited to apply for a College and accommodation options in late May/early June. You will be invited to apply via email so do make sure your UCAS listed email address is up to date. This is particularly important if you are currently using a school or college email address which may expire at some point after you finish your studies. You can change your contact details via your UCAS Track account.

For more details of the choices available check the Colleges and accommodation information pages.

Lancaster University
Hi will there be an offer holders day or visit day for medicine? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lancaster University
Welcome to the official Lancaster University Ask our Admissions Team thread.

Please post your questions here if you'd like a response from our Undergraduate or Postgraduate Admissions team. We aim to respond to all messages posted on this thread within one working day.

Hi I have not got any reply from Lancaster yet. I did apply in January 2016. Is there a last date or is it over for getting a reply?
How are you planning on giving out Medicine offers/rejections this year? Is it randomly throughout the month?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weightlossgoals
How are you planning on giving out Medicine offers/rejections this year? Is it randomly throughout the month?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people have already received their offers/rejections - I think they were done in batches possibly. If you follow the threads for this topic, you'll see everyone who got offers. I got mine this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

I applied for accounting and finance through extra on Friday. I'm a Scottish student so I was just wondering if that makes any different on when I'd hear back? Also, when roughly do you think I'll hear back? I emailed through last week with my qualifications etc and was told it'd highly likely I'll receive an offer.

Thanks!
Hello, Are students learning is possible in Russia ? How does the transition take? How much? I want to transfer after 1 year , the direction management
Hey am Eunice Boateng a foundation Student of Lancaster university Ghana.
I will like to know if i can get a scholarship to study at the uk campus and the requirements of getting the scholarship...Thank You...
[QUOTE="euniceagyemang;63373395"]
Hey am Eunice Boateng a foundation Student of Lancaster university Ghana.
I will like to know if i can get a scholarship to study at the uk campus and the requirements of getting the scholarship...Thank You...
star☆63171805
Hi I have not got any reply from Lancaster yet. I did apply in January 2016. Is there a last date or is it over for getting a reply?

Hello,

Depending on the course you have applied to, typically we aim to make decisions on applications, or invite applicants to interview, within 15 working days of receiving the application.

Occasionally we need to write to applicants, or referees, to ask for additional information; this unfortunately can lengthen the process.

If you would like an update on your application status I advise emailing the undergraduate admissions office via [email protected] with your UCAS ID and any questions you may have, the team would be happy to advise and update you.

Lancaster University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending