The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Hi, I've been offered an interview for an unconditional offer to study Economics and Mathematics. I know this may sound very peculiar but would it be possible for an applicant, if successful, to receive a significantly lower conditional offer rather than an unconditional? I understand this isn't common but I feel that an unconditional offer would have a significantly negative impact on my A-Level results. My current offer is AAB and I feel that I need that pressure on me during the exam period in order to achieve.

Also, if unsuccessful at interview, are there any negative consequences that could occur?

Thank you very much!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Spadaccino
Hi,
I had my Busienss Economics Interview yesterday, 17/02/18, as part of the Lancaster Unconditional Offer Scheme.
I was just wondering, as I’m aware there’s another interview day on 03/03/18, how long it would be until I received a response regarding whether I was successful or unsuccessful?

Thanks!

Hello, Thank you for your message.

We are aiming to respond to all applicants, who attended the interviews, by the end of this week/early next week.

Rebecca
Undergraduate Admissions
Original post by Smf3
Hi, I've been offered an interview for an unconditional offer to study Economics and Mathematics. I know this may sound very peculiar but would it be possible for an applicant, if successful, to receive a significantly lower conditional offer rather than an unconditional? I understand this isn't common but I feel that an unconditional offer would have a significantly negative impact on my A-Level results. My current offer is AAB and I feel that I need that pressure on me during the exam period in order to achieve.

Also, if unsuccessful at interview, are there any negative consequences that could occur?

Thank you very much!

Hello, Thanks for your message.

Although an Unconditional Offer Scheme offer does not require any specific A Level grades to be achieved for entry, we always encourage students to achieve to the best of their academic ability, as high A Level grades are valuable at all stages of one’s career, including graduate schemes and future job applications, and may make you eligible for our scholarships.

If you have already been made a conditional offer, there should be no negative consequences, if you aren't successful in the Unconditional Offer Scheme interview.

All the best with your interview,

Rebecca
Undergraduate Admissions
When are the open days this year for undergraduates? Already many universities have published their dates and my summer weekends are filling up.
Original post by Banjo11
When are the open days this year for undergraduates? Already many universities have published their dates and my summer weekends are filling up.

Hello, Thanks for your message. Our Open Day dates can be found here http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/open-days-and-campus-tours/opendays/ They haven't been published for this year yet, but should be very soon. On this link, you can register an interest, so we will contact you when the dates are published.

Rebecca
Undergraduate Admissions
Hello. I was offered a conditional place at Lancaster University (provided I achieve AAB) to study Physics BSc about a week after my interview, which was on the 28th of February. I wanted to ask if all the unconditional offers for Physics BSc have been given out or if people are still being considered for it as I read somewhere else that some students got an Unconditional Offer email a few weeks after they were offered a conditional offer. I wanted to put down my firm and insurance on UCAS in the next week or two, and i'd probably go for Lancaster if I were offered an unconditional but I just wanted to clarify whether there was still a chance of me getting an unconditional offer or if the offer is going to remain conditional.

Thanks,
Akash
Original post by akash3141
Hello. I was offered a conditional place at Lancaster University (provided I achieve AAB) to study Physics BSc about a week after my interview, which was on the 28th of February. I wanted to ask if all the unconditional offers for Physics BSc have been given out or if people are still being considered for it as I read somewhere else that some students got an Unconditional Offer email a few weeks after they were offered a conditional offer. I wanted to put down my firm and insurance on UCAS in the next week or two, and i'd probably go for Lancaster if I were offered an unconditional but I just wanted to clarify whether there was still a chance of me getting an unconditional offer or if the offer is going to remain conditional.

Thanks,
Akash

Hello Akash, Thank you for your message. I think it is unlikely your offer would be changed from conditional to an unconditional offer scheme offer at this point, but to confirm this, you could send us your UCAS personal ID to [email protected]. We would be happy to look into it (please don't send this information on here for data protection reasons :smile: )

Rebecca
UG Admissions
Hi, I'm looking to hopefully put Lancaster as my firm, but I'd like to know whether I'd be able to study a minor I'm interested in alongside the course I applied for. I'm wondering whether it's known which minors are available for each course for 2018 entry, in particular whether a Sociology minor could be taken alongside Human Geography. Thanks.
Hi, I was just wondering when would we receive information about applying for accommodation? I firmed Lancaster in January :smile:
Original post by Potterhead999
Hi, I was just wondering when would we receive information about applying for accommodation? I firmed Lancaster in January :smile:

Hello, thanks for your message :smile:

All students who have received an offer of a place to study at Lancaster University will be invited to apply for On Campus Accommodation towards the end of May/beginning of June. The email will have details of how to apply via our Accommodation Portal on the Lancaster University website and all the necessary login details.

You can start to look at your possible choices of college and room type on our website now www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/

www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/collegiate-system/

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-tour/?l=accommodation

Rebecca UG Admissions
Hi,

Are there overnight stay options for open day visits?

Matt.
Original post by Sycaphore
Hi, I'm looking to hopefully put Lancaster as my firm, but I'd like to know whether I'd be able to study a minor I'm interested in alongside the course I applied for. I'm wondering whether it's known which minors are available for each course for 2018 entry, in particular whether a Sociology minor could be taken alongside Human Geography. Thanks.

Hello, thanks for your message and I am sorry for the delay in replying to you. If you took human geography, you could study two humanities alongside this, such as Sociology, Criminology, Politics, Religious Studies or History. Rebecca UG Admissions
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello, thanks for your message :smile:

All students who have received an offer of a place to study at Lancaster University will be invited to apply for On Campus Accommodation towards the end of May/beginning of June. The email will have details of how to apply via our Accommodation Portal on the Lancaster University website and all the necessary login details.

You can start to look at your possible choices of college and room type on our website now www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/

www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/teaching-and-learning/collegiate-system/

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-tour/?l=accommodation

Rebecca UG Admissions

Ah ok thankyou for the help! :smile:
Original post by random_matt
Hi,

Are there overnight stay options for open day visits?

Matt.

Hello, thank you for your message. I am sorry for the delay in responding to you - I needed to check with another department. Please see this link for information on guest rooms

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/conferences/accommodation/

For Open Days, we have a limited amount of free rooms for those travelling from over 150 miles away - you can apply for these 6 weeks before the Open Day. if you keep an eye on emails from us, we will let you know when these are available to apply for.

I hope this is helpful. Rebecca UG Admissions
Hi, with applying for accommodation in June is it first come first serve in allocated choices and if not how does the selection process actually happen? Also do you apply for one college and one type of accommodation?
Hi I have an offer for your physics course and I was wondering how flexible the course is and if there are optional modules. Is there the possibility to take modules from outside of your subject? Also I was wondering if I was to change my mind on the course for example I decided I wanted to study Natural Sciences instead of physics. Would it be possible to swap courses?

Many Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 11camerl22
Hi, with applying for accommodation in June is it first come first serve in allocated choices and if not how does the selection process actually happen? Also do you apply for one college and one type of accommodation?

Hello, thanks for your message. It isn't a first come first serve basis. We will contact you in June to apply for accommodation, and allocate accommodation after Results Day. Students who have placed us as their firm choice will be allocated first. Please feel free to ask any further questions. Rebecca UG Admissions
Hello there,
Is it alright if you could provide a link to your website about Scholarships for international applicants?

Thank you very much!
Original post by Mini101
Hello there,
Is it alright if you could provide a link to your website about Scholarships for international applicants?

Thank you very much!

Hello, thanks for your message. We don't have any scholarships for international students at undergraduate level.

If you're interested in a postgraduate course, we have a range of scholarships which students can apply for.

Rebecca UG Admissions
Original post by Lancaster University
Hello, thanks for your message. We don't have any scholarships for international students at undergraduate level.

If you're interested in a postgraduate course, we have a range of scholarships which students can apply for.

Rebecca UG Admissions

alright, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending