The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Quick question y'all, is it possible to order stuff to the Amazon locker in the uni campus a couple days before move in so its available on the move in day?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Quick question y'all, is it possible to order stuff to the Amazon locker in the uni campus a couple days before move in so its available on the move in day?

Thats a good question, I cant see why not. Theres some amazon lockers in the learning zone (the hub) on Alex square. I think you only have 3 days for it to be in the locker, so you could arrange it for a day or two afterwards, just in case it does end up coming a bit earlier than usual.
You may find the lockers are fully booked around arrivals time. Best not to plan for anything else essential.

Are you coming from abroad? You might find that theres quite a few places in Lancaster where you can get things on arrival.
Theres a poundland in St Nics Shopping precinct. We also have a Home bargains as well which is in Marketgate shopping centre. These have all your kitchen essentials, bedding, towels etc. If its for books, the uni have a huge library and a digital one, but I have got some ones for my daughter from a company online called the book depository if you cant find them in waterstones/wh smiths.
(edited 7 months ago)
Lancaster's Clearing 2023 page at https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/# shows over 300 courses as being in Clearing right now. That's a long list.

Can anyone confirm whether or not it's accurate and up-to-date? As a top 10 uni, is just seems possible that having so many courses available through Clearing might be some sort of mistake. Or perhaps there's a "gotcha" somewhere - like they're only available to international applicants, or contextual applicants, or something like that. Is it too good to be true? :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
Lancaster's Clearing 2023 page at https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/clearing/courses/# shows over 300 courses as being in Clearing right now. That's a long list.

Can anyone confirm whether or not it's accurate and up-to-date? As a top 10 uni, is just seems possible that having so many courses available through Clearing might be some sort of mistake. Or perhaps there's a "gotcha" somewhere - like they're only available to international applicants, or contextual applicants, or something like that. Is it too good to be true? :smile:

Hi,
I've just checked and the list is still accurate and up-to-date.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,
I've just checked and the list is still accurate and up-to-date.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Wonderful. Thanks very much for checking. :smile:
Hi, I was just wondering what the £25 kitchen and bedding packs that can be pre-ordered actually have in them. I can't find any specific information anywhere. Obviously there will be sheet, pillow case etc.. but I would like an exact inventory if possible. Thanks.
Hi, I was just wondering what the £25 kitchen and bedding packs that can be pre-ordered actually have in them. I can't find any specific information anywhere. Obviously there will be sheet, pillow case etc.. but I would like an exact inventory if possible. Thanks.

Hi Anon,

who are you preordering these with?

many thanks,
Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador

Hi anon,

Please see the attached pictures. If you want to buy one please email your accommodation manager.

Thanks
Tineke
Does bowland halls have superior ensuite rooms
Does bowland halls have superior ensuite rooms

Hi Anon,

The accommodation team no longer use the term superior en-suite. The rooms previously called superior en-suite still exist (it was just a branding change) and you will be able to identify them as the more expensive en-suites available on the accommodation portal.

Hope that helps

Tineke
Hi, I‘ve just received an offer from Lancaster, but they haven’t reduced my offer by one grade to account for my predicted grade A in the EPQ. I applied to Lancaster as I thought they took the EPQ into account? Is it worth me contacting admissions? Course is Geography.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Anony1006
Hi, I‘ve just received an offer from Lancaster, but they haven’t reduced my offer by one grade to account for my predicted grade A in the EPQ. I applied to Lancaster as I thought they took the EPQ into account? Is it worth me contacting admissions? Course is Geography.

It doesn't mention EPQs under the entry requirements section for either the BA or BSc geography courses so I'm not sure where you got your information from. The standard offer is ABB. You can call and ask if it would be taken into consideration if you miss your offer on results day.
Original post by normaw
It doesn't mention EPQs under the entry requirements section for either the BA or BSc geography courses so I'm not sure where you got your information from. The standard offer is ABB. You can call and ask if it would be taken into consideration if you miss your offer on results day.

Yeah, their EPQ guidance says it offers a reduction for "many courses" so I would expect there to be some info about it on the course page.

Many unis do take them into account on results day even if the offer isn't reduced.

Happened to my youngest daughter but for zoology. Couple of weeks later they reduced the grade from AAB to ABB, . She too did an EPQ. They dont always reduce it and take the EPQ in as a contextual offer. They are closed for the term now, so Id see how things go come say 3rd or 4th week of Jan
Original post by unichallenge
hi when does lancaster university stop making offers? It is too late to apply for lancaster now?

Hello!
No not at all! Lancaster takes all applications and looks at them all equally until the official UCAS deadline on the 31st January 2024.

Thanks,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Hello!
First of all congratulations on your offer to study at Lancaster! EPQ is taken into account for many courses but it may not have reduced your offer if there have been a high number of applicants this year. However, it may still be taken into account on results day when the university makes its final decision.

Thanks,
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello!
No not at all! Lancaster takes all applications and looks at them all equally until the official UCAS deadline on the 31st January 2024.

Thanks,

FYI, the post you've just quoted and replied to is dated 26 January 2014 (almost 10 years ago).

That user has likely graduated some time ago, making the 31st January 2024 equal consideration deadline somewhat irrelevant to them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending