The Student Room Group

Which University should I pick?

So decision time...

I've picked from Manchester, Liverpool and Aston university for someplace local.

Queens Mary and Goldmith's (why Goldsmith's I don't know...) for somewhere far away from home
Obviously London.

Which one should I pick for my chosen course Psychology?

I mean now that I think about it I value having a great, memorable time above everything so which city would be best?

- Friendly people
- Great food
- Different cultures
- Tons of activities and places to hang out
- Beautiful area in general

What would you say?
Reply 1
Aston has a beautiful campus in the heart of Birmingham. It's also renowned for its employability records
Reply 2
You need to visit them and ask current student of their opinions rep counts for little if it's the wrong uni for you :smile:
Aston is #1 doe. Manchester is RG which should bare merits in your decision making process. I would narrow it down to the two.
Reply 4
I'd go for Aston. Birmingham is a nice place to be, a lot of opportunities there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'd go for Liverpool. People are very friendly, it's great place to go out and the rent will be quite cheap.

I did my Masters in London and I really wasn't happy there (not at Queen Mary or Goldsmith's but the university was fine, I just really didn't like London). Make sure you visit the universities before you make a decision.

Original post by Voltozonic
I chose Manchester over Liverpool and Queen Mary and i'm glad that I did.

Make sure you go and visit all of course.

Big mistake
Reply 6
Manchester > all the unis you've applied to. I'd personally narrow it down to Aston and manchester.
Reply 7
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Aston is #1 doe. Manchester is RG which should bare merits in your decision making process. I would narrow it down to the two.

So is Queen Mary and Liverpool?

OP, I'd probably go for Manchester
Original post by hanna343
Aston has a beautiful campus in the heart of Birmingham. It's also renowned for its employability records

Are you serious?

It's a horrible campus imo, it was one of my choices and I did consider going there until I visited the campus. I was immediately put off, and never looked back on Aston.
Reply 9
Original post by Voltozonic
Lol, my two good friends who transferred here from Liverpool would agree with my choice.

Why did they transfer?
Reply 10
Original post by arnoob
Are you serious?

It's a horrible campus imo, it was one of my choices and I did consider going there until I visited the campus. I was immediately put off, and never looked back on Aston.

Yes, the recent significant redevelopment have totally made the campus so beautiful + its fabulous location

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/about/campus-redevelopment/
Yes, the recent significant redevelopment have totally made the campus so beautiful + its fabulous location

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/about/campus-redevelopment/

That wasn't the issue for me. It was more to do with the fact that the uni was thrown in the middle of Birmingham, when I was there I felt surrounded with no breathing space.
Reply 12
Original post by arnoob
That wasn't the issue for me. It was more to do with the fact that the uni was thrown in the middle of Birmingham, when I was there I felt surrounded with no breathing space.

I see. Well, some people like the campus to be in the middle of a big city. Anyway Aston does has many green spaces and a lake.
I see. Well, some people like the campus to be in the middle of a big city. Anyway Aston does has many green spaces and a lake.

Yeah, you're right :smile: My current university is completely different in this aspect to Aston.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending