The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

How tough are Cardiff on entry requirements?

So I got an offer from Cardiff to do Physics with Astronomy and they gave me an offer of AAB even though I was predicted ABC, I was just wondering if anyone knew whether they would accept ABB instead or whether they're really tight on their requirements?
Reply 1
I think they could, i think it also depends on your personal statement a lot as well. so don't worry :smile: I think its good to go after it even if it feels like a long shot cos u never know what could happen, remember its in the admissions tutor's hands if they see ur potential :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
they do tend to be pretty lenient, yeah, but it depends how many people accepted their offer/how many people met their offer etc.
Reply 3
I got offered a place on Psychology with Professional Placement with a conditional offer AAA or A*AB. When I went to the subject day though, the guy taking it told me that they usually accept people onto the course if they get AAB even though it's a little lower than the entry requirements.

So I would say, aim for the entry requirements but I think you should be ok with ABB :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Allie J
I got offered a place on Psychology with Professional Placement with a conditional offer AAA or A*AB. When I went to the subject day though, the guy taking it told me that they usually accept people onto the course if they get AAB even though it's a little lower than the entry requirements.

So I would say, aim for the entry requirements but I think you should be ok with ABB :smile:

Hi, I have applied for this too! But my offer was AAB because I do a science, would it be likely to lower my offer to ABB then? Or is it less likely for them to lower it as its already been lowered because of my science :frown:
Reply 5
I had an offer of AAB to do psychology and I got AAC and they still took me, I know others that were similar, but it might be dependent on the course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending