The Student Room Group

The Sunderland A.F.C Thread

Scroll to see replies

Goooooooaaaaal.
Super Sebby! Deserve to be level from this incredibly bad stream i've got on
Not surprised we lost and not surprised Spurs scored another late goal. At least Burnley threw it away, and defoe looked lively.
At least you showed a bit of bite today. How did Defoe look?
Original post by Mackay
At least you showed a bit of bite today. How did Defoe look?

Yeah but we were still too defensive, not that i'm expecting flair just more adventure..

He looked like Defoe normally does, a bit rusty with his control but always capable of being a threat (which against the spurs centre backs youd expect) I feel glad that we've got him, but its about having a settled side now, we were lucky with other results today and we are good enough to stay up but we need to show it.
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Yeah but we were still too defensive, not that i'm expecting flair just more adventure..

He looked like Defoe normally does, a bit rusty with his control but always capable of being a threat (which against the spurs centre backs youd expect) I feel glad that we've got him, but its about having a settled side now, we were lucky with other results today and we are good enough to stay up but we need to show it.

In other news, Larsson LOVES playing at WHL. He got a few goals for Birmingham there if I recall correctly.
We look as threatening as Aston Villa at the moment. Still at least we're in the FA Cup still..
Still in the hat at least. More than Chelsea, City, Southampton can ask for.
I thought the Leeds game was bad, this was probably worse. Cold, rubbish performance and no atmosphere, I have no idea why we didn't play a more attacking midfielder like Alvarez or Giaccherini. I'd also have liked to see Graham come on for Fletcher instead of Wickham, at least Graham showed some good movement and desire in his brief sub appearances recently.

Like you've both said, at least we're still in the hat, hopefully AJ and/or Catts are back for the replay, though i'm worried for the Burnley game if we play as badly as that.
22000 is pretty poor.
Bradford away for you lot!
Original post by Mackay

Doubtful they'll get past Fulham to be fair.
We'll beat fulham on pens and lose to Bradford 2-1. Think we'd have more chance at Cchelsea jebus
Original post by Mackay

Decent draw, will be a class day out if we manage to scrape past Fulham. Cattermole and Johnson are fit again too which should see improved performances against Burnley and Fulham.
Defoe up and running.

Burnley have such a small squad, they keep playing the same players and fatigue is certainly troubling them.
Seems to have been been a long time since I came away from the match feeling positive. I'm glad we're reverted to 4 at the back, Rev and PVA looked great going forward and O'Shea/Vergini also looked fairly solid. Wickham was unlucky not to get 2, hopefully we do the business at Fulham on Tuesday.
It was a good performance, it was good to see the runs being made by Jermaine man being noticed by those behind him, deserved win and would be nice to build on it.

Steve Goose getting beat by John Carver is a sentence that makes me laugh in so many ways too loool.
Ings certainly had an off day.

Wonder if the transfer speculation made him a little bit jaded, a little bit anxious.
Defoe was good, PVA was excellent, and Pantilimon is a nutter - whilst Ings was awful. Truly, truly bad.

On Match of the Day when they were analyzing Defoe's goal, Shearer mentioned about Altidore's shocking miss against West Ham and compared it to Defoe's chance. Just shows how vital it is for clubs at the bottom to have a proper poacher.

Looking forward to the Fulham game tomorrow now!
Panty the best:yy::yy:

Quick Reply

Latest