The Student Room Group

The Sunderland A.F.C Thread

Scroll to see replies

No idea what I just watched there. Nobody cared, what a load of ****.

Gus Bus is bound to be terminated now, but some of our fans are absolute cretins
Poyet clearly hates his job, anyway. You can see it. He was always going to go in summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even make it that far.
Ccan't be bothered anymore. Such a **** appointment. Good rep yes, but he'll either leave when we're relegated or leave in November when he cba anymore.

Would have loved a young appointment like Flitcroft but whatevs
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Such a **** appointment.

It's a peculiar one. I was convinced you'd give it Ball until the end of the season. You need to plan longer-term than you currently are, though. You'll need somebody capable of bringing you back up if you get relegated. Advocaat isn't that man.
Ccan't be bothered anymore. Such a **** appointment. Good rep yes, but he'll either leave when we're relegated or leave in November when he cba anymore.

Would have loved a young appointment like Flitcroft but whatevs

I think its a good one, firstly he has links to the club so has beenstudying us for awhile apparently. And secondly he is only short term for definite so we can get a manger who suits our predicament (Getting up from the championship or staying in the PL) in the summer.

Better the Warnock or 'Arry
Original post by Kemosabe99
I think its a good one, firstly he has links to the club so has beenstudying us for awhile apparently. And secondly he is only short term for definite so we can get a manger who suits our predicament (Getting up from the championship or staying in the PL) in the summer.

Better the Warnock or 'Arry

Oh god no doubt he is better than those old trout yeah. It's just you know it has the feel of a short term fix, and I don't have the faith that the board will have a clue what direction they want us to go in with our next appointment. We are one of the only premiership clubs without an identity which is just frustrating.

Fancy he could get 4 points from his first 2 games though!
Adam Johnson took to the field at Upton Park to the expected 'paedo!' chants.
Reminds me of a Shef Wednesday vs Leeds game at Hillsborough with the Leeds fans singing "Dave Jones's a paedo, he likes to shag kids". He called Leeds fans "vile animals, the lot of them" after the game :rofl2:

'Arry will never take a job in the north. He'll only ever work in London or on the South coast. Even in Sunderland's situation, Redknapp is to be avoided, he really got found out at QPR for being dog ****.
Apparently you want a head coach, which leads me to think you'll probably employ a McClaren type character rather than a Warnock or Allardyce.

That's a shame, too, because I think Big Sam would have been a great fit seeing as though he'll be out on his ear in the summer with West Ham looking to shepherd in this new era at the Olympic Stadium with all their corporate boxes to fill by roping in someone who can deliver aesthetically pleasing football. Somebody like Bilic seems a shoe-in, or possible Eddie Howe, but I very much doubt he'll go there if Bournemouth manage promotion.
Let's see if the new manager is a thick advocate or not
Also, how on Earth was that not a foul in the build-up to West Ham's winner today?
Original post by Mackay
Apparently you want a head coach, which leads me to think you'll probably employ a McClaren type character rather than a Warnock or Allardyce.

That's a shame, too, because I think Big Sam would have been a great fit seeing as though he'll be out on his ear in the summer with West Ham looking to shepherd in this new era at the Olympic Stadium with all their corporate boxes to fill by roping in someone who can deliver aesthetically pleasing football. Somebody like Bilic seems a shoe-in, or possible Eddie Howe, but I very much doubt he'll go there if Bournemouth manage promotion.

Howe seems to be genuinely loyal to Bournemouth, and he has a phenomenal record at the cherries, in 09/10 he rejected an off from Championship side Peterborough to stay with League Two Bournemouth and got them promoted despite a transfer embargo & left Burnley to return to them. I have a lot of respect for him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-eye-eddie-howe-5372078

Yeah, in all honesty if Bournemouth missed out & West Ham came knocking with the new stadium & Premier League football, it would be so hard to turn them down. Interesting to see where Butthead Warnock will end up next.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Yeah, in all honesty if Bournemouth missed out & West Ham came knocking with the new stadium & Premier League football, it would be so hard to turn them down. Interesting to see where Butthead Warnock will end up next.

He's destined for a PL job eventually.

Warnock will just go around the Championship clubs I imagine. Him, Hughton, Holloway and Steve Clarke are probably destined to go from mid-table Championship club to mid-table Championship club.
I'd take someone like Howe just like that but he's builidng there so it wont happen. Probably employ someone random and stupid like Danny Wilson.
Advocaat is such a Sunderland appointment. Not long term at all. Yet another big turnover of players in the summer regardless of if you stay up, plus the big change in back room staff. Then when it inevitably all goes tits up next season you'll be back to square one.

You really need continuity for two or three years. I thought Poyet was going to me the man but he did have to go to be fair. You need to find your own Gary Monk from somewhere.
Original post by scriggy
Advocaat is such a Sunderland appointment. Not long term at all. Yet another big turnover of players in the summer regardless of if you stay up, plus the big change in back room staff. Then when it inevitably all goes tits up next season you'll be back to square one.

You really need continuity for two or three years. I thought Poyet was going to me the man but he did have to go to be fair. You need to find your own Gary Monk from somewhere.

Everyone from Roy Keane until the present day has reeked of short-termism from the Sunderland board, unfortunately.

They have learned their lessons, slightly, by only roping in Advocaat until the end of the season. He surely won't stay beyond that, though. They are a club seemingly always in transition, and it wouldn't be a bad thing if they managed to tempt Big Sam back up to the North-East once West Ham dispose of him.
Original post by scriggy

It comes to something when you guys have no ambition and still sit comfortably in mid table while we mess around looking for a identity.

Still i'm sure Dick is looking forward to his first win in a couple of weeks :wink:
It comes to something when you guys have no ambition and still sit comfortably in mid table while we mess around looking for a identity.

Still i'm sure Dick is looking forward to his first win in a couple of weeks :wink:

You could bank on Sunderland winning the derby with Di Canio and Poyet in charge, let's see if Dick can continue that trend.
Big win, pressure was really on after QPR & Leicester winning, also Burnley picking up a point against Spurs. I'm glad that it cancelled out the QPR/Leicester wins essentially

Quick Reply

Latest