The Student Room Group

Is it worth insuring?

I've already decided that I'm going to firm Sheffield University. However, I have an offer at Sussex university which has always been my second choice. I don't really like the other uni's I applied to and would rather go into clearing than actually go there since I only applied because I was worried I wasn't going to get any offers since my predicted grades were lower than the entry requirements for Sheffield and Sussex (BBB for AAB course). I got BBC at AS so although I feel like I can get AAB for various reasons, there is still a chance I might not actually get the AAB I need. However, I do think I'll atleast get ABB or ABC at worst.

Since Sheffield and Sussex have the same entry requirements is it worth insuring Sussex in the hopes that if I don't get the grades and Sheffield don't let me in, Sussex will? Also, how lenient are Sheffield and Sussex when it comes to still letting you in even if you miss your offer?

My other universities are Keele and Essex (still waiting for a decision on Reading which might become my insurance even though I don't necessarily want to go there also but I wouldn't mind as much as the other two)
(edited 10 years ago)
May as well put Sussex down as your insurance - if things go wrong then you might get lucky, and if not you'll end up in Clearing, which is the situation you would have been in otherwise. So, no harm in trying :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks and yeah I'm starting to think that might be the best option :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending