The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

About to do my first ever nightshift, I've avoided it so well up until now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 381
Neonatal intensive care... fascinating and depressing in equal measure.
Reply 382
Original post by Kinkerz
Neonatal intensive care... fascinating and depressing in equal measure.

and frigging hot!
Original post by Mushi_master

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found them amazing as a student !

The 2 students I have had on nights have seen /done loads of crazy stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had to do one a few weeks ago on delivery suite for my obstetrics rotation.

Most underwhelming and over-rated experience ever. Nothing really happened. Most of the time I was doing some reading in the doctor's lounge where the on-call F1 was playing old school Age of empires on his laptop, and the on-call reg was watching Breaking Bad on his ipad!!! Best part of the shift was when we ordered pizza.
Original post by Isometrix
I had to do one a few weeks ago on delivery suite for my obstetrics rotation.

Most underwhelming and over-rated experience ever. Nothing really happened. Most of the time I was doing some reading in the doctor's lounge where the on-call F1 was playing old school Age of empires on his laptop, and the on-call reg was watching Breaking Bad on his ipad!!! Best part of the shift was when we ordered pizza.

Sounds like a pretty decent evening.
Original post by shiggydiggy
Sounds like a pretty decent evening.

Yeah it was actually quite a nice bonding experience (if that's the right term). I was talking to them about career paths, football, and the doctors in the hospital that they found annoying lol. One of them knew Adam Beaini from one of the first series of Junior Doctors. Apparently he's a cocky wannabe ladies-man in real life...
Original post by Philosoraptor
I found them amazing as a student !

The 2 students I have had on nights have seen /done loads of crazy stuff

It was a decent shift. But post-take ward rounds after can do one, consultant was intense too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How have you not done any?? We have to do 6 nights in our 8 week surgical block, and did 3 in medical block.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
How have you not done any?? We have to do 6 nights in our 8 week surgical block, and did 3 in medical block.

Before final year, the only stuff we have to get signed off for is a couple of on calls, so naturally everyone does evenings. In final year we just have one logbook space for a night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nexttime
Dr. Nexttime :cool:

Facebook is going absolutely ****ing crazy right now

PRSOM…Congrats!

For me, 3rd year has been the hardest by far.

3rd year final exams on Monday and Tuesday. Then let loose on the wards a week later. Doing med first then surgery (dreading). Roll on Tuesday at 1130am.
Original post by sweetchilli
PRSOM…Congrats!

For me, 3rd year has been the hardest by far.

3rd year final exams on Monday and Tuesday. Then let loose on the wards a week later. Doing med first then surgery (dreading). Roll on Tuesday at 1130am.

No rest huh.
No rest huh.

nope. having the evening off studying,,,just about to pour a wee Shiraz!
nope. having the evening off studying,,,just about to pour a wee Shiraz!

I had a really nice wine yesterday... nice and super sweet, that is :wink:

Why are you anxious about surgery?
I had a really nice wine yesterday... nice and super sweet, that is :wink:

Why are you anxious about surgery?

Not the surgery per se just my bendy body that is the issue! Have EDS (kyphoscoliosis type) and standing or sitting for any longer than 10 mins is hellish for me. Really need to be mobile and moving to reduce pain/stiffness. Joints lock/stick if hold them in same position for a few mins. Gah!
Not the surgery per se just my bendy body that is the issue! Have EDS (kyphoscoliosis type) and standing or sitting for any longer than 10 mins is hellish for me. Really need to be mobile and moving to reduce pain/stiffness. Joints lock/stick if hold them in same position for a few mins. Gah!

Try not to scrub in i guess! Don't think it should be too much of a problem.
Hi guys, any one know any good videos or animations for microbiology? It's been such an amazingly boring topic so far, need something to spice it up :smile: thanks in adv

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
So far paeds is just having to memorise list of things relating to lists of ages. Such fun.
Just booked my elective flights. The most expensive thing I've ever purchased. Was quite scary - I had to keep double checking I had all the right dates! Making it seem a bit more real now :unsure:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Just booked my elective flights. The most expensive thing I've ever purchased. Was quite scary - I had to keep double checking I had all the right dates! Making it seem a bit more real now :unsure:

Exciting! When do you fly?

I ship out in just over five weeks. Have to finish this rotation and do exams before that though, but lets pretend not.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending