The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing, London Based Uni's

Hey All.

So this thread i thought make for mainly LONDON based universities, Adult NURSING, only because everything else seems to be mixed, and it is most competitive here in london.

Ive applied to MDX, KCL, LSBU, CITY AND GREENWICH.
Ive had a entry test for MDX, a MENDAS test for LSBU and flat out rejected by GREENWICH. No word from CITY AND KCL, besides the 'we've received your application.

So let me know how anyone is doing and feeling ?!

:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied for the same course, exact same unis as u...got rejected by Greenwich, lsbu kings but ive been offered a test day at Middlesex which i did on Saturday and also one at city on Monday, i hope u hear from them soon, first two weeks r so hard coz u just want news straight away and the wait for decisions can take long...
Reply 2
I've applied
To KCL, LSBU, City, Anglia Ruskin and Hertfordshire. So far have had an invitation to selection day from KCL and a test day at LSBU. Have only had the your application is being processed from the others.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Oh okay, interesting !

Ive gotten no word from KCL Or City or LSBU so I'm itching to hear some news!!!
Reply 4
When did you guys apply? I only sent mine off on the 12th of January as I was busy doing my dissertation and didn't finally go off till 15th.

I've applied for Kings, London South Bank, City, Southampton.....I keep seeing people who've had rejections from LSBU and City and King's is supposed to be one of the hardest to get into so I'm panicking now :frown: The way people are rejected seems sooo random

I'm in my 3rd year of my current Geography degree, I have all the A-level conditions and work experience (but not enough). Just praying someone lets me in this year!

Gooood luck everyone :h::h::h:
(edited 10 years ago)
I applied 10th Dec for Bucks, Middlesex, Kingston, West London and BCU.

Had my tests/interviews for Bucks (no news yet), had my tests for Middlesex (no news), I have Kingston tests next month and the other two universities have only sent acknowledgements.

For Child Nursing. :smile:
Hello I applied to LSBU,midd sex , city , Kingston and Hertfordshire .
All have acknowledged except Middlesex .i have been invited by Kingston for selection day tests I hope I progress am not good in maths and am really worried .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Kings is the only London university that I've applied for and its the only one that I'm still waiting to hear anything back from, its been over 10 weeks now since I sent in my application.
Reply 8
Hi, I understand you had a maths and literacy test at middlesex university, what where the questions for literacy .please. I
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Does anybody know if the 'test day' at LSBU is just the maths and English tests and the interview at a later date or is the interview on the same day? I have one this Friday for Adult Nursing...
Reply 10
My understanding is it is just the tests and if you pass, you get invited to interview at a later date. I have my tests next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daph19lek1
Hi, I understand you had a maths and literacy test at middlesex university, what where the questions for literacy .please. I

three articles and questions about them, two essay qs r if nurses shouldn't show emotions to patients and if patients with long term diagnosis should b allowed to decide when and how to die
Reply 12
Original post by Daph19lek1

Hey Daph

Yeah it was quite simple nothing to major, it was 10 question on two articles just simple questions like where is the spelling mistake ? What did line 2 mean ? What was the article about ? Those sorta or things.
Then there was a short essay 200-600 words.
2 statements which you choose and speak your opinion on

Hope that helps :smile:
When your test ?
Reply 13
Original post by Siobhan87
Kings is the only London university that I've applied for and its the only one that I'm still waiting to hear anything back from, its been over 10 weeks now since I sent in my application.

Hey Siobhan

I haven't heard from them also , and I sent mine if the end of November, but don't stress we still got time, just keep checkin your myapplication page.

:smile:
Reply 14
My application went off on 16th December and I had a selection day invitation from Kings on 18th December. Am going there today for the selection day. Looking forward to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by fifimas
My application went off on 16th December and I had a selection day invitation from Kings on 18th December. Am going there today for the selection day. Looking forward to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you must have had a really strong application to hear back so fast, best of luck today! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Siobhan87
Wow you must have had a really strong application to hear back so fast, best of luck today! :smile:

Thanks. Seemed to go okay. Just need to wait now to see if I get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by fifimas
Thanks. Seemed to go okay. Just need to wait now to see if I get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey how did it go ?
I've heard that their interviews are group based ? Any tips ?

I've got a interview with Middlesex :smile: first one so I'm quite excited :smile:
Reply 18
Yes it was. Math and English and then a group activity. Was quite an intense day but I felt that is went well. Only time will tell if they felt the same:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I've applied to City, Greenwich, South Bank, Kingston and Middlesex. I've got my Middlesex numeracy and literacy test on Saturday and Kingston on the 31st. Has anyone else done the tests, if so what we're they like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending