The Student Room Group

failed my practical test with 19 minors - so frustrated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by WhiteWalker
They are looking for perfection, even though most drivers on the roads at the moment aren't perfect, let alone learners.

I think this is okay - legally, as a driver you have to meet the standards of a reasonable drive; not the average. What that means is that you are liable for anything below that of an essentially perfect driver.
Which is why tests are so stringent. I did an intensive course but for a long time - I did a ridiculous amount of hours compared to some people. I got 6 minors I think. Either way, there is a reason.
Reply 21
I failed my first test with 1 major and 15 minors ...might I add that the examiner said I got more than 15 but decided to stop there. I agreed with about 8 of those the rest baffled me. Even my instructor couldn't believe i could have done so badly. I had about 4 more lessons and retook my test 8 weeks later at a different test center with a 15% lower pass rate than the first test center I went to and passed with 9 minors. I definately think that there's certain examiners who are just extra harsh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending