The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Helped..messed up my Britsol interview.

Help* not helped..

i was asked two logic questions.

I got the first one correct and the second one wrong. Will this be me automatically rejected?:frown:

We had some general discussion and I think I did okay at that...

Do most people get both correct? Please help! I am applying for Electronic Engineering.
(edited 10 years ago)
Typically in such interviews, its the problem solving process they're interested in rather than the answer. Getting the right answer via bad reasoning will be worse than getting it wrong, although having been more rigourous in the logic overall. I wouldn't worry, unless you really did answer like a teaspoon.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by FireGarden
Typically in such interviews, its the problem solving process they're interested in rather than the answer. Getting the right answer via bad reasoning will be worse than getting it wrong, although having been more rigourous in the logic overall. I wouldn't worry, unless you really did answer like a teaspoon.

I showed good logic and reasoning in the first questions arriving at the correct answer. The next one was "You have a drawer of 28 loose brown socks and 6 black socks, how many socks do you need to guarantee you get a pair of matching colour?" I said 8...then she asked why.. and I went on to say that this is a large proportion so it would mean I'm relatively sure to get at least 2 black or 2 brown..ofc this was the wrong answer! The answer was three ( I don't even think I need to explain why:rolleyes:).

I told my Dad it when I got home and he answered it immediately!! I feel so stupid and I'll be so annoyed If Bristol don't offer me a place :frown: On the other hand... the interviewer said I had a very enthusiastic personal statement.

I feel I cannot work and I'm so friggin dumb!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
God, was it for English? I pray not, this thread title is a mess!
Reply 4
Original post by TheBigJosh
God, was it for English? I pray not, this thread title is a mess!

No.. haha

Sorry didn't notice that
Did you accidentally say "I would like to attend Britsol University because..."?

In all seriousness you probably did a lot better than you think you did. A lot of people get over come by nerves and can't even remember the name of the institution they are applyi- ...never mind.
Reply 6
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Did you accidentally say "I would like to attend Britsol University because..."?

In all seriousness you probably did a lot better than you think you did. A lot of people get over come by nerves and can't even remember the name of the institution they are applyi- ...never mind.

No...

haha
Moved to uni of bristol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending