The Student Room Group

Girl who downed ten Jagerbombs in two-for-one offer died and brought back to life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

Scroll to see replies

I've done more than that!

:wink:
Reply 2
Obviously its unfortunate she nearly died, and it took that for her to "wise up" but its very fortunate she lived so she can be an embodiment of what alcohol misuse can do.

Dont get me wrong I drink and love my spirits (mainly rum) but I don't aim to get wasted I prefer the warm calm feeling it gives me as apposed the heart pounding adrenaline rush of adding energy drink into it lol.

I do feel sorry for her and think she was very unfortunate, yes it was her own fault but im glad she lived and what shes doing now, having went through it.
Reply 3
The caffeine may have had adverse effects on her but it's not something most people have to worry about. A cup of coffee has more caffeine than a red bull and I can tell you people easily go through 5 cups of the stuff regularly. Just the DM scaremongering as usual. I've gone through 12 cans of the stuff and some serious cups of coffee over the course of two days when I had lots of work at one point.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bassetts
Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it.

Says it was the caffeine.
Reply 5
it is so annoying when they say someone died and then was OK :mad::mob:

that only happened to Our Lord and Lazarus
Reply 6
Original post by n00
Says it was the caffeine.
I got to admit, I don't read Daily Mail articles. I only read the titles, look at the pictures and the comments.
This is why I stay far away from Alcohol.
Reply 8
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574594/Teenager-18-downed-ten-Jagerbombs-nightclub-two-one-offer-three-heart-attacks-DIED-brought-life-defibrillator.html Should we feel sorry for her? She drunk the alcohol knowing full well what it can do to her, yet she still does it. Is this another sign that Britain is a nation of binge drinkers who are drinking themselves to death?

1. No

2. Yes

How far is society expected to go in mitigating for stupidity?

People are often very stupid and need to learn their lesson in my opinion

One less stupid person on the planet if people die from it

I bet she's still drinking heavily still becuase all her stupid mates will still be doing it and heaven forbid she doesn't follow the herd

People like this clog up A&E for people who deserve to use it

There should be a special A&E funded by all the drinkers - no money in the pot = oh dear no service
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Who knew ten shots of Jagerbombs would have an adverse effect?

Everything in moderation - even Jager shots.
I'm not sure it's a sign that Britain is 'a nation of binge drinkers' any more than it's a sign that Britain is a nation of people called Jayde. Poor logic.

It doesn't even seem to be the alcohol that caused whatever ills she had, although alcohol rarely helps medical conditions.
Reply 11
Original post by Fat-Love
The caffeine may have had adverse effects on her but it's not something most people have to worry about. A cup of coffee has more caffeine than a red bull and I can tell you people easily go through 5 cups of the stuff regularly. Just the DM scaremongering as usual. I've gone through 12 cans of the stuff and some serious cups of coffee over the course of two days when I had lots of work at one point.

Indeed, this was nothing like a leathal dose, only 400mg and she looks pretty big. Clearly something else up here. Surprised they haven't jumped on caffeine induced psychosis yet, but then that would undermine their skunk psychosis scaremongering.
Original post by aeon439
1. No

2. Yes

How far is society expected to go in mitigating for stupidity?

People are often very stupid and need to learn their lesson in my opinion

One less stupid person on the planet if people die from it

I bet she's still drinking heavily still becuase all her stupid mates will still be doing it and heaven forbid she doesn't follow the herd

People like this clog up A&E for people who deserve to use it

There should be a special A&E funded by all the drinkers - no money in the pot = oh dear no service

LOL we have the money in the pot, its called a tax on alcohol?

i prescribe to you less Daily Mail
So she had 250ml, a quarter of a litre, of 35% alcohol...

I highly doubt she had a whole energy drink per yager shot, let's say 1 for every two (just read it and i'm right), so 400mg of caffeine.

You gotta either be unusually sensitive to caffeine and/or alcohol or have an underlying medical condition to die from that.

Whole article seems a bit dodgy. So they are blaming it on energy drinks, i.e a caffeine overdose... I drink 320mg of caffeine a day sometimes, did OD once (had about 500mg), made me feel like total **** but thats it.

And what's that about the alcohol suddenly leaving her system and the "caffeine taking over".. It's not like alcohol is just suddenly eliminated from the body like that.

Admittedly you're not supposed to mix depressants with stimulants.. At the weekend i was so drunk (multiples more than what this lass had) i had to take a stimulant far stronger than caffeine just to keep myself standing up straight.

I do think women need to be a lot more careful, they seem to try and keep up with the guys and it doesn't end well. This case i'd say - Underlying medical problem.
Reply 14
Doesn't sound like enough caffeine to cause harm to everyone on its own. A jagerbomb normally has 125ml (half a small can) in it, or less depending on the place serving it. So ten works out to be 1.125L. I often used to drink a litre a day without any noticeable effect on my heart rate. Admittedly I didn't drink them all in one go, but frequently in the space of an hour or two.
Reply 15
Its just one person
Reply 16
That's not even that much jager or energy drink...
Quick! Ban caffeine immediately! Save the children!
Reply 18

First question, yes, although only slightly; second question, no.
Reply 19
To be honest this story has very little to do with alcohol so the whole 'young people binge drink too much' point means nothing here. This is more than likely one of those very occurrences and she was just unfortunate, I've done 14 jagerbombs and been fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending