The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Open Day

Scroll to see replies

Original post by groovyd97
HAHA the speaker said don't believe everything you hear on student room about "lse students having a bad social life" and "LSE being GCSE nazis"!

And she also said you need further maths for economics, which ruled out a lot of people in the audience already!

One guy besides me argued that what LSE demanded was ridiculous as he thinks it was ruling out excellent candidates for economics like his son :tongue:. Really laughed at some of the TSR reference used :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ILovePancakes
Really? I didn't really like it..

I got rained on :frown: and I didn't really like the accommodation.

The course I looked at was really interesting though!

Which accommodation did you visit? High Holborn or Bankside?
Really? I didn't really like it..

I got rained on :frown: and I didn't really like the accommodation.

The course I looked at was really interesting though!

I thought the buildings, course structure, location was good.

Yeah I got rained on to lol.

I didn't look at accommodation, only some courses but it seems expensive . IIRC £250 per week for the best perceived accommodation seems hefty.

Yeah same :smile:
HAHA the speaker said don't believe everything you hear on student room about "lse students having a bad social life" and "LSE being GCSE nazis"!

And she also said you need further maths for economics, which ruled out a lot of people in the audience already!

Yeah haha.

When they were talking about fm for econ, were they indicating that they desire the full A2 or is AS acceptable.

What course are you looking at?
Original post by wizard101
Which accommodation did you visit? High Holborn or Bankside?

High Holborn.. I was appalled tbh. It was ridiculously expensive for what you get..

Original post by EmmaBxoxo
I thought the buildings, course structure, location was good.

Yeah I got rained on to lol.

I didn't look at accommodation, only some courses but it seems expensive . IIRC £250 per week for the best perceived accommodation seems hefty.

Yeah same :smile:

And I didn't think I'd need my umbrella - so I didn't bring it :frown:

It was ridiculously expensive and the facilities weren't great. Comparing the prices to other universities it was really bad..
High Holborn.. I was appalled tbh. It was ridiculously expensive for what you get..

And I didn't think I'd need my umbrella - so I didn't bring it :frown:

It was ridiculously expensive and the facilities weren't great. Comparing the prices to other universities it was really bad..

Fortunately it was raining when I was in most of the lectures apart from the last one where they were talking about how to apply..

Yeah that's true too.
Fortunately it was raining when I was in most of the lectures apart from the last one where they were talking about how to apply..

Yeah that's true too.

Oh, I didn't go to that. When the hail started I ran straight to Holborn Underground so I could get home.

Do you think you'll apply?
Oh, I didn't go to that. When the hail started I ran straight to Holborn Underground so I could get home.

Do you think you'll apply?

If I get the grades then yeah I will. Yourself?

It seems more competitive than I initially thought so.

Lol, I had to take the underground too which packed up quite quickly :P
If I get the grades then yeah I will. Yourself?

It seems more competitive than I initially thought so.

Lol, I had to take the underground too which packed up quite quickly :P

I'm not sure.. Probs as some kind of insurance because they don't interview, but I already live in London and I'm not sure I want to go to university here.

I just managed to miss rush hour, so got lucky :biggrin:
I'm not sure.. Probs as some kind of insurance because they don't interview, but I already live in London and I'm not sure I want to go to university here.

I just managed to miss rush hour, so got lucky :biggrin:

Oh right yeah. Do you think you will apply to Oxbridge then?

And yeah, it weren't too bad to be fair :smile:
Oh right yeah. Do you think you will apply to Oxbridge then?

And yeah, it weren't too bad to be fair :smile:

I think so.. Political Sciences at Cambridge is what I'm thinking about now. I just need one more 7 at HL though :s-smilie: I'm getting them all at SL, but Cambridge want 7 7 6..

Oh, I do IB..

Do you think you will? And what will you study?
I think so.. Political Sciences at Cambridge is what I'm thinking about now. I just need one more 7 at HL though :s-smilie: I'm getting them all at SL, but Cambridge want 7 7 6..

Oh, I do IB..

Do you think you will? And what will you study?

Oh right, well good luck anyway.

I'll see what my grades and UMS is like and take it from there. I want to though. I like the look of Economics and want to study it.
Yeah it was pretty nice, but very crowded! I'm slightly put off by her saying that the workload is huge
Yeah haha.

When they were talking about fm for econ, were they indicating that they desire the full A2 or is AS acceptable.

What course are you looking at?

I was looking at economics. She said AS further maths is defo required, while A2 FM is recommended if possible.

She continually stressed how important it was that you like maths!
I was looking at economics. She said AS further maths is defo required, while A2 FM is recommended if possible.

She continually stressed how important it was that you like maths!

Yeah haha. The course looks highly mathematical but interesting.

Are you referring to the lecturer in the l100 talk or the one who worked in admissions :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending